Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You're not understanding what is happening.  Heathrow has asked airlines to cancel 10% of flights today because of a baggage backlog.  It's not just about the Isle of Man or particular flights, but the overall load.

This was reason given by Loganair so perhaps you should direct your smart arse comments about not understanding to them!!

Edited by Banker

18 minutes ago, flyingpeelman said:

Are you sure? They never drove the ambulift with pax onboard from the terminal when I worked at Ronaldsway International 

I've been bussed to a plane at Ronaldsway before (in past 5yrs), anything is possible.

41 minutes ago, flyingpeelman said:

Are you sure? They never drove the ambulift with pax onboard from the terminal when I worked at Ronaldsway International 

Totally, too and from plane/terminal. I was going over twice a week in 2018 and have flown regularly since ( Covid lockdown excepted ).

Now sat at Gatwick. Inbound from Belfast was 18 minutes late. Now it's temporarily tech. Brakes being inspected.

19.15 slipped to 19.30 and now 19.45. I wait in hope.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Totally, too and from plane/terminal. I was going over twice a week in 2018 and have flown regularly since ( Covid lockdown excepted ).

Now sat at Gatwick. Inbound from Belfast was 18 minutes late. Now it's temporarily tech. Brakes being inspected.

19.15 slipped to 19.30 and now 19.45. I wait in hope.

Ahhhh ok -   I mean almost 20 years since worked on the ground for Manx/ BA.. then as crew for flybe. So things changed since then lol! But seem to remember back in the day it wasn’t allowed - want to say wasn’t insured to drive around with passengers in the back. 

Anyway fingers crossed it’s just a short delay for you tonight.. have a good flight! 

Tempers are fraying in a hot & sticky Gatwick.

Including mine.

Despite apologies from Gatwick Customer Services and EZY after them removing and damaging the li-ion batteries on my last trip, and confirmation that it's not necessary as they can be isolated, the ground handlers are unable to agree. I've shown them the e-mails and EZY conditions of carriage. 

I despair!

A36F4EAB-1641-43BA-9DA9-A030292BF074.jpeg

549B774A-C004-49BD-8C90-B70B1CD77AED.png

Success. The captain has agreed chair can go in hold with batteries attached but isolated. 

Other passengers really pressurising staff, who honestly don't know the answer as to whether flight will be cancelled. It's down to the engineers, captain and ATC each end.

How long is a piece of string.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Other passengers really pressurising staff, who honestly don't know the answer as to whether flight will be cancelled.

It's that 'hostile atmosphere' that puts many off going back to work in airports/airlines. 

Although it's probably been part and parcel of the job since Easyjet (mainly) started the low cost revolution. 

14 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Are Easyjet stopping the Man service? .

No flights seem to be available after June30th, either shows no flights or sold out.

D6819E0C-3E6B-4927-BA97-C4B89F63B98D.jpeg

As I predicted a few days ago. 

They'll be back for the Winter season on 30th October 

12 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Are Easyjet stopping the Man service? .

No flights seem to be available after June30th, either shows no flights or sold out.

D6819E0C-3E6B-4927-BA97-C4B89F63B98D.jpeg

Suspect it’s a victim of the revised EasyJet schedule over the summer as there appears to be no flights from end of June to end of October. If so its a good job Loganair have persisted despite some posters on here not wanting them saying people voting with their feet . Maybe those feet will now have to change colour for the summer months !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Suspect it’s a victim of the revised EasyJet schedule over the summer as there appears to be no flights from end of June to end of October. If so its a good job Loganair have persisted despite some posters on here not wanting them saying people voting with their feet . Maybe those feet will now have to change colour for the summer months !

They have no choice!

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

They have no choice!

That’s exactly the point at least there is still a choice  . But if you had your way Loganair would have long gone and where would those people who want to fly to Manchester be now ! 

• Like 1