Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

Anyone with a cancelled flight is entitled to be accommodated on a Loganair service to Manchester 

This.  Do not be fobbed off with a transfer to the EZY LPL route or a refund and then leaving it down to you to rebook (unless either suits you of course!).  EZY should cover the costs of alternative flights to the same destination - regardless of whether it's within 2 weeks or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Anyone with a cancelled flight is entitled to be accommodated on a Loganair service to Manchester 

Practically, how would I arrange this?   This doesn't appear as an option on Easyjet's website so would you phone them (spending an indeterminate time on hold) or would you buy a new Logainair ticket and write to Easyjet, asking to be reimbursed?   

12 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Are Easyjet stopping the Man service? .

No flights seem to be available after June30th, either shows no flights or sold out.

D6819E0C-3E6B-4927-BA97-C4B89F63B98D.jpeg

Is this caused by the ongoing issues at Manchester. I have a flight booked from here to alicante via manchester in september but have heard nothing from easyjet about either flights. Am a bit worried now that even if i get to manchester by another route there will be no ongoing flight.

Haven't been off island for a while . But does anyone have recent experience  with connections in the UK 

I need to choose between LGW and MAN for an onward flight ..

I was planning  to avoid MAN due to all the news of queues etc but looks like LGW is not much better  😞

Edited by mad_manx

6 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Haven't been off island for a while . But does anyone have recent experience  with connections in the UK 

I need to choose between LGW and MAN for an onward flight ..

I was planning  to avoid MAN due to all the news of queues etc but looks like LGW is not much better  😞

Depending on where you're going... I've just used Liverpool to Frankfurt with Lufthansa then onwards with them. 

The queues were minimal and the morning departure gave an easy overnight connection. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Depending on where you're going... I've just used Liverpool to Frankfurt with Lufthansa then onwards with them. 

The queues were minimal and the morning departure gave an easy overnight connection. 

Liverpool is not an option..I'm connecting on to an Emirates flight.So that's MAN or LGW or maybe BHX 

Can choose LHR at a push .

Would have done the single ticket route from IOM directly on Emirates .( connecting  via MAN/ BHX etc )

But have a family event in the UK just before I fly out. LGW is the closest airport but EK will not do connections from IOM via LGW .. 

So looks like I'll have to stay in the UK for a few days before I travel .

Edited by mad_manx

7 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Liverpool is not an option..I'm connecting on to an Emirates flight.So that's MAN or LGW or maybe BHX 

Would have done the single ticket route from IOM directly on Emirates .( connecting  via MAN/ BHX etc )

But have a family event in the UK just before I fly out. LGW is the closest airport but EK will not do connections from IOM via LGW .. 

If it were me, do the AM easy Gatwick.

Manchester connections aren't possible still at the moment due to staffing. Gatwick proper connections channel is very much open and having used both recently, neither was great but Gatwick was definitely better.

1 hour ago, Karellen said:

Practically, how would I arrange this?   This doesn't appear as an option on Easyjet's website so would you phone them (spending an indeterminate time on hold) or would you buy a new Logainair ticket and write to Easyjet, asking to be reimbursed?   

I doubt you will find Easyjet will do it for you , although you can try,  so you probably will have to do it yourself and claim back which may be a long winded process.

44 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Is there still the worldwide by Easyjet option at LGW for connections?.

Iom LHR shows up on emirates booking engine but might not allow you to break journey at lhr

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Is there still the worldwide by Easyjet option at LGW for connections?.

Iom LHR shows up on emirates booking engine but might not allow you to break journey at lhr

That's one issue .. Have managed to do 22 hours in Manchester via logan air and Emirates. Not sure if you can do it over 24 hours. 

As others have posted loganair  check in in isle of man  will not interline bags on to emirates at Manchester anyway. So you have to collect bags at MAN and check it again at the EK desk .

Edited by mad_manx

8 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Looks like Easyjets spain based crew are doing  a walkout next month .

Will that impact IOM?

No.

They work for easyJet Europe (post-Brexit stuff) and not easyJet UK which operates the domestic flights we have here.

• Thanks 1