Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

End of the day both Easy and Logan are poor choices in comparison to what we used to have with Flybe and 5 Manchesters, 3 Liverpools and for a time the 4 Gatwicks.

I don’t disagree with this I have always said EasyJet and another smaller operator ( albeit not many options in todays aviation world ) is the right mix and my posts support that unlike several people on here who simply believe EasyJet can do no wrong ! London was well served with a mix of EasyJet and BA Cityflyer to London City it would be great to see BA back on the island .

12 minutes ago, IOM said:

So let me get this right EasyJet have cancelled flights from Isle of Man to Manchester over the summer and Loganair continue to operate yet you are criticising them ? And you are the one that says I am biased in my opinion . I don’t think I have ever come across someone so blinkered and sycophantic but maybe I am missing something. 

ok hun.

I could go on about how Manchester forms part of the PTS now etc etc, but I won’t bother because you’ll go for the ‘but it’s not underwritten!!’.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

End of the day both Easy and Logan are poor choices in comparison to what we used to have with Flybe and 5 Manchesters, 3 Liverpools and for a time the 4 Gatwicks.

That was then..... this is now and the dynamics are absolutely not the same. 

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

ok hun.

I could go on about how Manchester forms part of the PTS now etc etc, but I won’t bother because you’ll go for the ‘but it’s not underwritten!!’.

Firstly I don’t ever find the need to be patronising silly or use bad language as one poster did but then again I try to provide clear rationale and take a reasoned approach. Let’s face it you are obsessed by EasyJet and really don’t like Loganair for some reason that’s fair enough . I will remain of the view that the island is best served by a mix of operators ( particularly London ) with EasyJet coming out of Gatwick and another smaller operator ( whoever that might be ) providing a morning and evening service most likely out of London City .  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That was then..... this is now and the dynamics are absolutely not the same. 

But where is the problem? Let’s take one example: Flybe used to do at least 4 Manchesters per day. Now Loganair can barely fill 2, often flying half empty, with an easyJet flight on some not all days. (Soon to be suspended if not already)

Is it because of fares?

Is it just ‘covid’?

Consumer confidence to spend on trips?

Reduced business travel?

Whats caused it and how do we fix it?

Edited by NoTailT

1 minute ago, IOM said:

Firstly I don’t ever find the need to be patronising silly or use bad language as one poster did but then again I try to provide clear rationale and take a reasoned approach. Let’s face it you are obsessed by EasyJet and really don’t like Loganair for some reason that’s fair enough . I will remain of the view that the island is best served by a mix of operators ( particularly London ) with EasyJet coming out of Gatwick and another smaller operator ( whoever that might be ) providing a morning and evening service most likely out of London City .  

You are wrong and I think past pages show that most of us of sound understanding have read through you. Next.

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

You are wrong and I think past pages show that most of us of sound understanding have read through you. Next.

Clearly you find reasoned debate and opinions which don’t match yours hard to swallow . Anyone with an ounce of a brain can read my posts going back over a year to see I prefer a mixed model unlike you . For some reason you want to dismiss my opinion and close me down but for as long as this forum is for sharing views and opinions I will post mine . Happy flying and next ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

But where is the problem? Let’s take one example: Flybe used to do at least 4 Manchesters per day. Now Loganair can barely fill 2, often flying half empty, with an easyJet flight on some not all days. (Soon to be suspended if not already)

Is it because of fares?

Is it just ‘covid’?

Consumer confidence to spend on trips?

Reduced business travel?

Whats caused it and how do we fix it?

All of the above, probably. And we may not be able to fix it, at least for some time to come. 

47 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Open Skies - where airlines can come and GO as they please.

‘Twas ever thus, even before Open Skies. In fact I’d venture we’ve had more stability of airlines since Open Skies, than before.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Attracting a lo-cost carrier to our level of passenger numbers was always going to be a gamble at best, and almost like all your eggs in one basket. Open Skies is farcical, as I agree is a sole operator, we need some halfway house. The real nonsense is subsidising empty seats on routes where the seats are empty because of the lo-cost carrier.

Hopefully this new director has some common sense and commercial experience.

• Like 1