Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Transport to and from isolated communities is going to become a bigger issue over the next 30 years. It’s not just the carbon emissions, but the way the weather is going too. Winter disruption is already an issue, and with fewer flights to soak up the slack, it may have a significant impact on the long term sustainability of things.

I suspect such disruption will be much less than it was in the 50s and 60s say.  Improvements in technology and forecasting have made flights and sailings more reliable and what was once a regular occurrence, especially for planes, is now newsworthy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Passed through the airport earlier - complete mess, 35 mins to get through boarder control, 2 flights came in at same time.

Long queue going out to the plastic tunnel then into rooms where they are renovating - ceilings and wires all exposed and falling down....what a first impression to have. Understand works and full modernisation is urgently needed but I thought I had gone back to the  1970's. 

I have been at the airport when there was about 8 staff on outbound security when no one else in airport. How can they get scheduling so wrong? If 2-3 flights come in at same time then get the people working then! 

If I had to bring clients over, it would be very embarrassing! It could be great, how has it gone so wrong! 

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s great to see that a project that the DOI literally had absolutely nothing to do with since awarding it managed to come home on time and on budget and inconvenienced hardly nobody. No wonder they’re shouting from the rooftops. 

Except of course that it was completely unnecessary according to everyone who knows anything about aviation (Quine had a go at it in Tynwald, but by then it was too late).  Delivering a project that doesn't do anything is fairly straightforward. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s great to see that a project that the DOI literally had absolutely nothing to do with since awarding it managed to come home on time and on budget and inconvenienced hardly nobody. No wonder they’re shouting from the rooftops. 

I see the only thing the BBC failed to mention when lauding the completion of the project is that it is notamed closed for another month !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RustyLP10 said:

Passed through the airport earlier - complete mess, 35 mins to get through boarder control, 2 flights came in at same time.

Long queue going out to the plastic tunnel then into rooms where they are renovating - ceilings and wires all exposed and falling down....what a first impression to have. Understand works and full modernisation is urgently needed but I thought I had gone back to the  1970's. 

I have been at the airport when there was about 8 staff on outbound security when no one else in airport. How can they get scheduling so wrong? If 2-3 flights come in at same time then get the people working then! 

If I had to bring clients over, it would be very embarrassing! It could be great, how has it gone so wrong! 

Cos its managed by the biggest team of bullshitters in the business, whose combined skill and knowledge of aviation development could fill the back of a small postage stamp, however would easily fill many bullshit bingo cards with ease !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's a bloody shame, if anyone in Gov caught themselves on.

Fix

Flights - what flights? 5 a day? 

Young people leaving - can you blame them? fook I'd be gone

"Airport" - wow

arrive early for a early morning flight -an hour before take off. 8 people on security - got my bags searched

week later - get my bag searched - repeat x 94 times (now I know how to travel and not a dick with oh I forgot that was in there), 70% of my bags get searched each week in IOM

I had a powder deodorant in my bag they took off me, as said its a liquid..............eh?? I have been through everywhere with that - reason I buy it is I don't have to shove it in the plastic baggie.

Then when the 5 flights a day come in, let's schedule them all around same time, so they let the OAPs try to understand a scanner

I absolutely adored living here and so sad to leave.

Edited by RustyLP10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2