Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Like I said before, that's 90% of users. How big a percentage of airport visitors are now using the car park since that daft system started?

It is a crazy waste of money, let's just go back to what was there. Worked fine except for maybe the few go getters who felt it wasted their precious time.

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

What’s the cost for that Nellie?

4 hours ago, x-in-man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62038384

'EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks'.

Still make feck all difference here thou'.

I travelled with easyJet this weekend. Both slightly delayed takeoffs but made time up in the air and actually landed earlier than the advertised times. 

4 hours ago, x-in-man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62038384

'EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks'.

Still make feck all difference here thou'.

“News” on FB, well moaning, about multiple EZY cancellations to/from Gatwick and Liverpool in September and October.

Wheres new Flybe?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

“News” on FB, well moaning, about multiple EZY cancellations to/from Gatwick and Liverpool in September and October.

Wheres new Flybe?

Are Gatwick loads being impacted by subsidised London routes...?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 PM, snowman said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/more-than-90-using-app-at-airport-car-park-552549

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

A total of 1,536 people have paid for parking since the system was introduced on May 24.

Of those, 92% have used the RingGo app to pay, with the other methods accounting for the remaining 8%, according to the Department of Infrastructure.

That should be over 90% who have paid, not used the car park. DOI choosing to mislead again

• Like 1

when I tried to obtain the app  the message I received was your telephone was not up to date enough to be able to use the parking app, my apple  phone is 6 years old , and I am not going to update it  , I think alternatives should be found and there are many local  airport users , and foreign visitors to the  Island  who either cant download the system of or oblivious  to its introduction ,  happy to use a cashless or card system at the airport , but what a damming  endictment of the Manx Government  when they cant even facilitate paying  for services  with cash at the airport ,and that includes our own Manx money ! something radically wrong here when we abrogate our government car park management to a company in the UK and not looking after our own !

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I parked at Athol recently, £40 or £50 for 10 days incl wash/valet I think it was. Think I'll pick that over the app.

As I suspect will many. The DOI  said they were taking an average of £50,000 a month from the car park. So at this busy time you would have expected an income of around 70 K from starting this new app system. Perhaps they could tell us the income rather than the percentage of people who used the app out of the  people who paid. Percentages mean nothing. 

If they had a barrier and ticket system they woud have 100 per cent using the system. People use the system that is there          Percentages means sweet F.A.

My guess is income is well down. They have alienated many loyal customers,and shown that they have little regard for the people  they are supposed to represent. 

Some private companies will offer a better value service and good luck to them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Omobono said:

when I tried to obtain the app  the message I received was your telephone was not up to date enough to be able to use the parking app, my apple  phone is 6 years old , and I am not going to update it  , I think alternatives should be found and there are many local  airport users , and foreign visitors to the  Island  who either cant download the system of or oblivious  to its introduction ,  happy to use a cashless or card system at the airport , but what a damming  endictment of the Manx Government  when they cant even facilitate paying  for services  with cash at the airport ,and that includes our own Manx money ! something radically wrong here when we abrogate our government car park management to a company in the UK and not looking after our own !

I get this same message on my i pad . Annoying  as so many app's you now need just to get by in this current climate. Can't afford currently a new ipad so will plod on making do. My phone is currently okay but tbh never use it really. 

The DOI seem pleased with their figures. 

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

But what they need to remember  is that 90% of f..k all  is still f.. K all. 

My bet is income is well down. Could they please let us know with real figures  not made up ones. 

Edited by emesde
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3