Airport.

Billy kettlefish

15 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Me too. It’s pathetic.

Only thing I would say its better hearing it really early like this than in the week or days before. I'm heading on Easy jet mid November/December and bricking it that I dont hear till to late to make suitable other arrangements. Theres ongoing flights and hotels involved too so could be a nightmare. Feel your pain though guys. !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mollag said:

Just had our Sept / Oct flights to Gatwick cancelled by Easyjet, no alternative dates or airports available either.

It is true that easyJet have made some pre-emptive cancellations of IOM-LGW flights, at weekends, in September and October. This is very poor, as these are days of significant demand, and will lead to a shortage of seats, higher fares and a lot of pissed-off people, and I am in no way condoning their behaviour.

However, I don't follow the rest of your post. There are currently seats available on every single flight in September and October, both to and from the Island. You are allowed to switch your booking to any other flight, without charge. 

There are also flights to/from Bristol on Friday/Saturday/Monday during these months.  

So, whilst these things are unwelcome and annoying, I'm not clear what your problem is!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It is true that easyJet have made some pre-emptive cancellations of IOM-LGW flights, at weekends, in September and October. This is very poor, as these are days of significant demand, and will lead to a shortage of seats, higher fares and a lot of pissed-off people, and I am in no way condoning their behaviour.

However, I don't follow the rest of your post. There are currently seats available on every single flight in September and October, both to and from the Island. You are allowed to switch your booking to any other flight, without charge. 

There are also flights to/from Bristol on Friday/Saturday/Monday during these months.  

So, whilst these things are unwelcome and annoying, I'm not clear what your problem is!

This is a daily PSA that Easyjet aren't here to 'serve' the island but are here to make the best profit level they can. 

They'll slash whatever flights they think they need to if it will improve their overall network. 

The days of having a Manx Airlines or a Flybe base that was island-centric are long gone

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I did try and every option to fit in with my connecting flight, up to two days prior, including using Liverpool was rejected as cancelled also.

2 hours ago, emesde said:

The DOI seem pleased with their figures. 

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

But what they need to remember  is that 90% of f..k all  is still f.. K all. 

My bet is income is well down. Could they please let us know with real figures  not made up ones. 

It's the oldest civil service trick in the book. You have to read between the lines in everything they produce and what they don't say is usually where the truth will be found. What we lack is politicians who are prepared to call it out, usually because their own heads are on the block.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mollag said:

Just had our Sept / Oct flights to Gatwick cancelled by Easyjet, no alternative dates or airports available either.

At least they've told you now, and not when you're actually at the airport waiting for the flight. Look on the brightside.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mollag said:

It would be interesting to hear the views of those who have consistently posted how good EasyJet are and the answer for the island . Seems they have gone a little quiet recently I wonder why ? 

17 minutes ago, IOM said:

It would be interesting to hear the views of those who have consistently posted how good EasyJet are and the answer for the island . Seems they have gone a little quiet recently I wonder why ? 

Lol.

I think you'll find there's been plenty of balanced debate about easyJet over the past few days, you just didn't want to participate.

Edited by NoTailT

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Lol.

I think you'll find there's been plenty of balanced debate about easyJet over the past few days, you just didn't want to participate.

Well maybe people will start to realise that relying on EasyJet is not the answer . And for the record I don’t really think Loganair are given some of their recent performance. My point is the island needs regular frequent flights to the main destinations ideally with a locally based operator albeit there are few options . Then supplement with EasyJet but don’t rely on it as the only carrier . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you heard the latest shite the DOI are spouting, We can not release emergency response for Ronaldsway as this may be used by terrorists. This is the response due to FOI about why they shut down a 5th of the island due to a suspeciouse package. It would of had to have been a low yield thermo nuclear device to warrant that kind of safety zone, yet they did not let passengers leave the airport grounds for 4 hours. Now the Foxdale freadom fighters are disbanded/died out, the only calcuable threat from terrorism the Isle Of Man face's is money laundering.

What a bunch of tossers trying to cover up an embarrassing event with this shite.

Who else thinks the civil service is out of control, and half of e'm need emptying soon as.                       Just saying

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Who else thinks the civil service is out of control, and half of e'm need emptying soon as.                       Just saying

Thinks !! Not a chance they clearly are and along with not answerable it seems to anybody its scary .

Edited by Numbnuts

On 7/4/2022 at 4:34 PM, Nellie said:

It was £45 for 16 days. That included a wash and hoover.

In the Airport car park, I'd have paid £60, just to park. 

I paid £60 to park while I was away over the TT period. Just checked in the app and I’m still good to park there for two more months. 

• Haha 1