Airport.

Billy kettlefish

24 minutes ago, asitis said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/airport-work-ensures-ronaldsway-complies-with-caa-requirements/

I wonder if Mr Callister has seen any memos, e mails , reports outlining what those concerns were ? Or has he taken the word of the profligate bullshitters in charge ?

It would be good to see some evidence  of the CAA's concerns , or improvement notices , perhaps someone on one of the many Tynwald scrutiny committees will look at this ,and the claim made that  the expenditure will allow for larger aircraft ,  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Omobono said:

It would be good to see some evidence  of the CAA's concerns , or improvement notices , perhaps someone on one of the many Tynwald scrutiny committees will look at this ,and the claim made that  the expenditure will allow for larger aircraft ,  

https://www.englishclub.com/writing/punctuation-comma.htm

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RustyLP10 said:

You have to be joking??

i travel pretty much every week and have not been through that before?

It was certainly like that in the middle of August, I was ushered in there for a moderate wait while they vetted my vaccination credentials, along with quite a lot of other people on the same flight.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, snowman said:

BA are pulling the plug on Gatwick short haul - apart from Manchester.

Will be interesting to see what they do, if anything, about the Channel Islands services 

I continued my complaints about the London service to my local MHK and he (David Ashford) did at least give me a prompt & encouraging response....'.I fully agree both London and Ireland lack of connectivity is becoming a major urgent issue with potential serious repercussions. The first job of any new DOI Minister must be as a matter of urgency to look at what can be done to restore that connectivity as quickly as possible.'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas2020 said:

I continued my complaints about the London service to my local MHK and he (David Ashford) did at least give me a prompt & encouraging response....'.I fully agree both London and Ireland lack of connectivity is becoming a major urgent issue with potential serious repercussions. The first job of any new DOI Minister must be as a matter of urgency to look at what can be done to restore that connectivity as quickly as possible.'

Won't the wonderful Open Skies policy just magically deliver us a new London and Ireland service? 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Won't the wonderful Open Skies policy just magically deliver us a new London and Ireland service? 

The open skies policy has delivered nothing but a merry go round of operators some of dubious antecedents over the past 25 years ! Some have left leaving a trail of debt and others causing staff to leave the island altogether. Yes I am convinced that open skies is an unqualified success.

• Like 3

The situation regarding London flights is abysmal its good to hear Minister Ashford outline its a priority its beyond comprehension that there is only one flight a day at varying times throughout the week. To ensure the right connectivity for finance and business the island needs a morning and evening flight into a premium airport most likely London City. Previously the route was served by BA operating under a wet lease with Loganair with a three times daily service on the Saab more latterly the ATR. I would suggest a twice a day service ( early morning and early evening) is sufficient maybe the plane could be used in the middle of the day to serve Belfast, Dublin, Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool. With a little bit of ingenuity this could all be resolved to the benefit of everyone. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IOM said:

The situation regarding London flights is abysmal its good to hear Minister Ashford outline its a priority its beyond comprehension that there is only one flight a day at varying times throughout the week. To ensure the right connectivity for finance and business the island needs a morning and evening flight into a premium airport most likely London City. Previously the route was served by BA operating under a wet lease with Loganair with a three times daily service on the Saab more latterly the ATR. I would suggest a twice a day service ( early morning and early evening) is sufficient maybe the plane could be used in the middle of the day to serve Belfast, Dublin, Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool. With a little bit of ingenuity this could all be resolved to the benefit of everyone. 

Go steady thats almost an idea ! However we have highly salaried aviation professionals running the airport, whose nose for strategy knows no bounds !

• Haha 2

Yes I suspect it’s not being sorted because the airports Director is about to leave or has left plus the change in government and a new DOI minister on the way hopefully one who understands the problem! Bring government together with airlines and business and there is a solution to be had. Do some simple things like promote the route , promote the island offer some free tickets in a competition on the radio to let people know about it all and I suspect you would see a world of difference. None of it is rocket science but as you say it needs the right people to want to fix it . 

• Like 2