Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Isn't Loganair BA codeshare partner for IOM?

yes but it's a bit of a faff, because Loganair are flying in to a non-BA terminal. It basically means you can book through BA and book 'connecting' flights which in practice are difficult to execute.

I think almost every Loganair flight to London or Manchester I've booked, I've done so through the BA site to collect tier and avios points. Better than Loganair 'clan' points.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, Nellie said:

You would expect any Emergency Planning document to have various levels of responses.

The first level might be 'Do nothing to inconvenience the customer/public and deal with the incident discreetly' moving through several steps to 'Full evacuation, emergency services turn out and cordon etc.'

So there seem to be two issues the travelling public who were inconvenienced that day are entitled to know about:-  .

1. What actually happened? We only need to know, in broad terms. Was there really a suspect item? Was it human error? Was it a practice, or exercise, that went wrong?

2. Why was the response to go immediately to the most severe and inconvenient response? 

We can surely be given the answers to these 'high level' questions without attracting the attention of ISIS?  

Is Chris Thomas still active on here? I had hoped, that on his watch, we'd see an end to the usual CS cover-ups, lies and bullshit. Come on Chris. Let's have some proper answers.  

Absolutely correct with your summary 

Why did Chris allow the release of this ridiculous cover up response to a freedom of information request. We all know what happened and the over the top response in closing all the roads round the airport

Good forbid should further emergency assets  be required they would have been prevented on reaching the airport due to the gridlock of all the roads leading the airport during the morning rush hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikimoto said:

Nominally - doesn't give you right to access lounges on a club ticket, and, more importantly,

you can't use Avios to offset the ridiculous prices.

I was surprised by this recently. Someone who was a BA 'Gold' member tried to access the lounge but was refused and apparently when flying on BA or it's 'codeshare partners' it would enable him lounge access, but seem the IOM does not conform (shock), although the lounge would have previously given BA's LCY flights.

Seeing as the Heathrow flight is delayed again today, can I report them for false advertising? The airport’s state and general performance is seriously damaging the island’s reputation and standing as a business and tourism destination. 

3E74D252-77AF-46F2-B7EE-891EE240F21F.jpeg

22 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I was surprised by this recently. Someone who was a BA 'Gold' member tried to access the lounge but was refused and apparently when flying on BA or it's 'codeshare partners' it would enable him lounge access, but seem the IOM does not conform (shock), although the lounge would have previously given BA's LCY flights.

The same used to happen with Flybe. You could use the lounge rights anywhere but the IOM. 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Seeing as the Heathrow flight is delayed again today, can I report them for false advertising? The airport’s state and general performance is seriously damaging the island’s reputation and standing as a business and tourism destination. 

3E74D252-77AF-46F2-B7EE-891EE240F21F.jpeg

How are the other Loganair flights today? 

Good thing the flight is delayed, seeing as security decided to dump the contents of my carry on because clearly phone and laptop chargers are something they’ve never seen on an X-ray. Guy who did the search was very friendly and polite, which was nice. His shouty supervisor type sadly not so. Just takes one individual to leave a bad impression and let everyone down.

19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

How are the other Loganair flights today? 

Heathrow just got cancelled. Fuck Logan air. Thousands of pounds worth of onward travel in jeopardy now. Fucking clowns. Not just us. A whole plane load of pissed of passengers here, loads of talk about missed connections. Wankers. You wanna promote the island as a place for business and leisure? Sort the fucking air connections out first you clowns. 

3BA927BA-F5CA-4BE3-851E-FA41DDDC937B.jpeg

Credit to LoganAir checkin staff who are all calm and lovely. They are doing the best they can with a bad situation. Rebooked to Birmingham with promise of paid for taxi to Heathrow. Let’s see if this works. 

16C8B2EA-8ECD-43DC-AF21-219CE4741AB4.jpeg

• Like 1