Airport.

Billy kettlefish

33 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Good thing the flight is delayed, seeing as security decided to dump the contents of my carry on because clearly phone and laptop chargers are something they’ve never seen on an X-ray. Guy who did the search was very friendly and polite, which was nice. His shouty supervisor type sadly not so. Just takes one individual to leave a bad impression and let everyone down.

Ronaldsway is the only airport of the dozens I have been through where my chargers were pulled out and examined. Clearly their training, or parameters are out of step with the RoW. 

I hope you get your travel plans back on track. Loganair really are a pathetic little airline, with zero operational resilience, that the DoI have got us into bed with. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2

So let’s try again via Birmingham. One observation is that most staff here are friendly, from airline to security. Observed loads of small talk with passengers (tourists who apparently liked it here!) and plenty of smiles, which is great. Fact there continue to be many flight cancellations (two yesterday, today, plenty more see recent news report) is not. Travel links need to be as reliable as possible or any talk of 500,000 visitors and a place as great location to do business is nothing but hot air. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So let’s try again via Birmingham. One observation is that most staff here are friendly, from airline to security. Observed loads of small talk with passengers (tourists who apparently liked it here!) and plenty of smiles, which is great. Fact there continue to be many flight cancellations (two yesterday, today, plenty more see recent news report) is not. Travel links need to be as reliable as possible or any talk of 500,000 visitors and a place as great location to do business is nothing but hot air. 

Airline has no staff. Its Menzies.

All this joyous talk of connect to the world via Heathrow on Loganair is bullshit when they keep cancelling it or it's delayed which it often is.

It's a joke.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I hope you get your travel plans back on track. Loganair really are a pathetic little airline, with zero operational resilience, that the DoI have got us into bed with. 

How much is the subsidy we're paying them to engage in this "service"?

5 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

What was their excuse for cancellation?

Mechanical issue with the plane apparently. First it was delayed as they said they have to bring the plane over from maintenance and then they cancelled it completely. 

• Thanks 1

Shiny new fire trucks just turned up. Either there’s a fire or they’ll give us a water salute in honour of a Logan Air flight actually leaving on time and schedule. 

96D1C546-84A8-4A2D-BB66-9C2782B1C4A9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

or any talk of 500,000 visitors and a place as great location to do business is nothing but hot air. 

Hot air is all it ever was, regardless of any airline's performance. An arse-plucked figure designed to make a few people look as if they were doing something and protect their jobs.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Shiny new fire trucks just turned up. Either there’s a fire or they’ll give us a water salute in honour of a Logan Air flight actually leaving on time and schedule. 

96D1C546-84A8-4A2D-BB66-9C2782B1C4A9.jpeg

i wonder how easy they are to roll ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Airline has no staff. Its Menzies.

All this joyous talk of connect to the world via Heathrow on Loganair is bullshit when they keep cancelling it or it's delayed which it often is.

It's a joke.

I will not have a word said against DfE with connectiivity.

Alex Allison tells you straight how good this is for the Isle of Man.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=747980483250018

Heathrow sure has changed a lot since I last went there. 30 minutes wait for bags, 30 minutes for the bus driver to wait for people waiting for bags, at least two hours to get to Heathrow now, all while the clock is ticking. This is less than an ideal experience. 

5EDE75BF-CD37-4591-AE0F-2981728771DB.jpeg