Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

On a scale of 1 - 9/11 what are you implying?

He probably means we should be lucky to travel at all etc. Bit of a strange argument. Because others can’t do something we shouldn’t either. Be grateful for a horrible trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

You mean my private mobile phone? I pay for that. I do also carry the council issue iPad so I can work and be reachable while away. 

Anyway, 14 hours after leaving the house, we finally made it near an airplane in Heathrow. Only another 21 hours to go. Yay. 

157B10E5-798F-4C96-80C7-9A2BEF2F4835.jpeg

that will teach you for bombing our chip shops , !   anyway have a safe trip and bring back some  ideas that will brighten up our nations   new capital  , with out costing an arm and a leg of course ,

24 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I mean stop moaning about your travel plans being messed up.

There are a lot bigger problems in the world than your holiday or work jaunt.

Some poor bastards have just had their bin collections cut to fortnightly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Next you’ll tell me it’s karma... 

I would never say such a thing. 

Although I would always avoid Heathrow. 

My tip is Liverpool - Frankfurt with Lufthansa then on to wherever you need. It's worked well for me 3 times so far this summer. 

8 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Just made it to Heathrow myself, no minibus waiting at LCY as promised in IOM to take us there.

I see Easyjet has joined the party and cancelled its Gatwick tonight.

We need  better but who is there?

Gatwick looks like a technical issue. Flight was already 90 minutes late, it taxied for departure and then returned to stand. There are no excuses on their flight tracker, so it looks like they will be taking compensation claims.

London City went out from here very late, but failed to get back before the curfew and went to Liverpool instead. That means there will be a Loganair plane out of position in the morning which will doubtless cause further disruption.

It just goes from bad to worse............

ETA - Airport website now showing tomorrow morning's Liverpool and London City as cancelled. It seems that Loganair have no available aircraft here, at all.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

I think as a matter of urgency , before trying to encourage people to come here they need to sort out the airport and means of getting here by air. Most relocating will need to be able to travel back to the UK or further afield with some certainty.  This is a nightmare currently and while I know its not all the Islands fault some of the issues they can deal with . It should be a priority or Rob's 500k a year visitors is even more of a bigger pie in the sky. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I would never say such a thing. 

Although I would always avoid Heathrow. 

My tip is Liverpool - Frankfurt with Lufthansa then on to wherever you need. It's worked well for me 3 times so far this summer. 

I’ll look into that. So far, Qatar via Heathrow has been rather crap. First and last time flying with them me thinks. 

Anyway, I just saw what Reynoldsway really needs: a monorail through the terminal! Quick, someone phone the DOI. 

2F1A734D-F4CE-455A-8975-F35D3217E5AF.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Next you’ll tell me it’s karma... 

It is karma, the climate is in crisis, you shouldn't be flying.

Schadenfreude here my friend, I have no sympathy. Cruel to be kind etc.

8 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Just made it to Heathrow myself, no minibus waiting at LCY as promised in IOM to take us there.

I see Easyjet has joined the party and cancelled its Gatwick tonight.

We need  better but who is there?

Flybe. Once they get some actual aircraft and don't cancel 700 flights! 

UK aviation is on it's arse to be fair. Ot would be great if we could just have one route run reliably. Say Manchester back and forth then just book your other plans around that.

• Like 1

Loganair another complete mess today London City cancelled Liverpool cancelled and Manchester delayed by over an hour . Of most significance is the morning Liverpool flight because it will have quite a lot of patients who need treatment. It’s really not acceptable to be shrugging shoulders and saying  “it’s just the aviation sector”  airlines should sort it out . And the Airport Director / whoever is currently in charge should be onto it . Absolutely pathetic from Loganair . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/10/2022 at 7:37 AM, Amadeus said:

Seeing as the Heathrow flight is delayed again today, can I report them for false advertising? The airport’s state and general performance is seriously damaging the island’s reputation and standing as a business and tourism destination. 

3E74D252-77AF-46F2-B7EE-891EE240F21F.jpeg

Tourism destination?

• Like 2