Airport.

Billy kettlefish

23 minutes ago, IOM said:

Loganair another complete mess today London City cancelled Liverpool cancelled and Manchester delayed by over an hour . Of most significance is the morning Liverpool flight because it will have quite a lot of patients who need treatment. It’s really not acceptable to be shrugging shoulders and saying  “it’s just the aviation sector”  airlines should sort it out . And the Airport Director / whoever is currently in charge should be onto it . Absolutely pathetic from Loganair . 

How do you sort out having no staff and nobody wanting to work there? 

You'll be the first to complain when they ramp up fares to pay more to their staff.

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

How do you sort out having no staff and nobody wanting to work there? 

You'll be the first to complain when they ramp up fares to pay more to their staff.

Sorry that’s not my problem. If you run an airline and take peoples money you enter a contract with them to operate a service . Every other industry/sector manages to do it . How would you feel if your local supermarket did not open ? Did you see the fuss recently when a few buses were cancelled? So many other industries have to find a way of keeping going I really don’t think it should  be any different for airlines . People rightly expect better it’s time the airlines stopped moaning and sorted themselves out . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IOM said:

Sorry that’s not my problem. If you run an airline and take peoples money you enter a contract with them to operate a service . Every other industry/sector manages to do it . How would you feel if your local supermarket did not open ? Did you see the fuss recently when a few buses were cancelled? So many other industries have to find a way of keeping going I really don’t think it should  be any different for airlines . People rightly expect better it’s time the airlines stopped moaning and sorted themselves out . 

The airlines are moaning?

13 minutes ago, germann said:

bullying passengers with non-compliant clear plastic bags. 

Ha, I've had that before!  It's a fucking small clear plastic bag, how can it be possibly 'non-compliant'? 

12 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’ve had better experiences at third world provincial airports, so no. 

Very true.  Usually because of limited security.

Most African countries I've flown around internally, it's more like a bus station.  Flights every hour or so, turn up 30 mins before, or if you need to change a flight they do it at the desk and don't charge you anything.   Mind blowingly easy and user-friendly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The airlines are moaning?

Yes exactly this . I watched the BBC One Sunday morning show yesterday it had an interview with Willie Walsh the Director General of the Airline transport association . I rarely heard a consideration of the customer rather moaning about how difficult it is to operate at the moment . Get real every industry has its challenges but just gets on with it and delivers their service . Why on earth should airlines be an exception it’s beyond me ! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Yeah I got berated once for a having a small tesco sandwich bag 'non-compliant'!

It's definitely an outlook challenging proposition. 

If they were anyone apart from someone that could literally stop my holiday, I would have completely lost my shit with them. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Very true.  Usually because of limited security.

Most African countries I've flown around internally, it's more like a bus station.  Flights every hour or so, turn up 30 mins before, or if you need to change a flight they do it at the desk and don't charge you anything.   Mind blowingly easy and user-friendly. 

Yes and America used to be like that too. Until 9/11.

Now it and the West have to take security a lot more seriously, which is why we are where we are. Blame a twisted interpretation of Islam.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

I think this is exactly what they rely on to get away with their rude bullshit. 

Power games.  It's shit.

I'd totally say to them that it'd be compliant with wrapping it around their head and choking them if they don't pipe down, but obviously as @The Phantom says that's end of holiday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Morning and evening flights to/from Dublin would be very handy for middle/Far East destinations. A decent international connection with a reliable One World carrier.  Their current mid-afternoon slot isn’t very helpful, and misses all the Istanbul, Doha, Abu Dhabi & Dubai hub connections.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, germann said:

Morning and evening flights to/from Dublin would be very handy for middle/Far East destinations. A decent international connection with a reliable One World carrier.  Their current mid-afternoon slot isn’t very helpful, and misses all the Istanbul, Doha, Abu Dhabi & Dubai hub connections.

Actually, Emerald, who run the Aer Lingus Regional franchise have built up their business, and network, gradually and smoothly since taking over from Stobart. Yes, their IOM-Dublin schedule isn't perfect, but it is pretty reliable compared to Loganair.

Maybe IOMG should be talking to them about basing some ATR's here and running the key routes currently in the hands of the 'Scottish Airline'?

There maybe some EU cross border issues to overcome, but they need to find a credible alternative to the current shower, as the current situation simply can't go on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1