Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 7/4/2022 at 10:46 PM, mollag said:

I did try and every option to fit in with my connecting flight, up to two days prior, including using Liverpool was rejected as cancelled also.

Just an update, I had a skeet this morn on EJ site and found there are now flights available for my cancelled dates, I was refunded for the cancelled flights so have re booked, £ 60 cheaper than before but an extra night over in Gatwick--fingers crossed 🤞

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

A couple of weeks ago, there was some discussion on here about the cost of extending the Airport opening hours, and whether or not easyJet (and to a lesser degree Loganair) would actually be paying. 

An FoI request was submitted  to try and establish if the extension charges, which are included in the scale of fees on their website, are being invoiced to, and paid by, the airlines requesting the extension. 

A response has been published today here.

https://services.gov.im/freedom-of-information/search    (search Airport and click in response dated 14/7/2022)

It is a full response, but the gist is that all fees and charges accrued between April and June (£70,818) have been invoiced. Around 24% are paid, and the remainder are outstanding. A portion of these are overdue, but it is not possible to break this down. 

But we can conclude, that easyJet and Loganair are being charged, in full for the disruption they are causing.

This comes back to my 'doing our bit'.

Was on a Loganair flight this week. Aircraft arrived at the UK airport early but left 30mins late due to ground staff shortages. It isn't Loganairs fault in this instance, but they are the ones punished.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, NoTailT said:

It would be interesting to know how many of their services have been cancelled over the last few months, and consequentially how many people’s plans have been ruined?.

A mere fraction of what we’ve seen here I would wager.

• Like 1

it troubles investors and bank managers ,  in the aircraft and aviation word its financial turbulence !  if we had spent what has been wasted at Ronaldsway and the promenade and now liverpool  more wisely  we could have had our own airline  providing links to the key destinations ,and locally based and maintained , 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It would be interesting to know how many of their services have been cancelled over the last few months, and consequentially how many people’s plans have been ruined?.

From latest CAA stats, which relate to April and May 2022. Cancellation rates:-

Jersey               21/2989  = 0.70%

Guernsey        81/2823  = 2.86%

IOM                    75/1555  = 4.82%

The picture isn't great for IOM, but I don't think it could be described as a 'mere fraction'!

This also highlights how many fewer services we have, although the CI numbers will include a lot of intra-CI flights which will show up in both the Jersey and Guernsey figures. 

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

Cancellations equal compensation equals higher costs though?

39 minutes ago, Omobono said:

it troubles investors and bank managers ,  in the aircraft and aviation word its financial turbulence !  if we had spent what has been wasted at Ronaldsway and the promenade and now liverpool  more wisely  we could have had our own airline  providing links to the key destinations ,and locally based and maintained , 

I wouldn't go so far as to say our own airline, but certainly a business plan was put together which would have given us a far better chance of riding out the current storm !  It is shameful imo that locally based employment came a poor second to the lo cost carrier.

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say our own airline, but certainly a business plan was put together which would have given us a far better chance of riding out the current storm !  It is shameful imo that locally based employment came a poor second to the lo cost carrier.

A joint venture with a carrier, perhaps? 

Certainly not in favour of our own airline, but an arrangement with another carrier where they have exclusivity and required service delivery standards may be worth exploring.  Of course, that will involve abandoning the open skies policy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

We need Ryanair to Stansted. Once a day. 

Make it worth their while and they'll do it.

Why on earth do we need that? Stansted is a terrible airport and a once a day service is hopeless for any reasonable form of connectivity  . I would say that’s the last thing we need ! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Why on earth do we need that? Stansted is a terrible airport and a once a day service is hopeless for any reasonable form of connectivity  . I would say that’s the last thing we need ! 

Because they're punctuality and reliability is second to none. 

I would rather have a predictable way off the island to London that isn't Loganair or Easyjet. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Because they're punctuality and reliability is second to none. 

I would rather have a predictable way off the island to London that isn't Loganair or Easyjet. 

So you would like a once a day Ryanair service to Stansted one if the worst airports in Great Britain miles away from London ? And how else would you ensure the London market was served ?