Airport.

Billy kettlefish

44 minutes ago, snowman said:

The terminal building was designed by an imbecile who created a narrow doorway through which all arrivals and the majority of departures to all try and pass through. And then added a cash point to further add to the congestion in the doorway 

Druggy machine of choice there and the sea terminal ain't it?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Where are those then? The only other one I know of is the Sea Ternimal.

Machine outside cycle 360

Machine inside newsbeat in the business park 

Both used to give UK notes but I have not taken cash out from them for a while and also don't know if these machines are still there.( last time I took cash was before covid hit )

I also used to think that UK notes were only available at the sea terminal/ aiport and was shocked when I got it .

Not sure if these machines  were loaded with those notes as a one off .

Will be great if someone living nearby could check and post here.

Edited by mad_manx

5 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Machine outside cycle 360

Machine inside newsbeat in the business park 

Both used to give UK notes but I have not taken cash out from them for a while and also don't know if these machines are still there.( last time I took cash was before covid hit )

I also used to think that UK notes were only available at the sea terminal/ aiport and was shocked when I got it .

Not sure if these machines  were loaded with those notes as a one off .

Will be great if someone living nearby could check and post here.

UK notes? 

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

UK notes? 

Yes... Bank of England notes if you insist on the correct terminology  🙂 The machines I mentioned used to  dispense them instead of the IOM notes I was expecting to get ( so was a bit of a surprise as it's usually only the sea terminal and airport ones that do this) 

But as I mentioned above this was some time in late 2019 ( before the pandemic ) 

Since then I've withdrawn cash maybe only 3 or 4 times ( and from the ones in Douglas Town centre which gives IOM notes )

Almost every retailer  accept cards these days anyway and I haven't really needed much cash. 

Edited by mad_manx

24 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Yes... Bank of England notes if you insist on the correct terminology  🙂 The machines I mentioned used to  dispense them instead of the IOM notes I was expecting to get ( so was a bit of a surprise as it's usually only the sea terminal and airport ones that do this) 

But as I mentioned above this was some time in late 2019 ( before the pandemic ) 

Since then I've withdrawn cash maybe only 3 or 4 times ( and from the ones in Douglas Town centre which gives IOM notes )

Almost every retailer  accept cards these days anyway and I haven't really needed much cash. 

Yes, I’m sort of being pedantic. There’s no such thing as UK notes. Even Bank of England notes aren’t legal tender in Scotland or Northern Ireland.  The only UK wide legal tender is coinage.

You mean English notes ( which are also legal tender here ).

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes, I’m sort of being pedantic. There’s no such thing as UK notes. Even Bank of England notes aren’t legal tender in Scotland or Northern Ireland.  The only UK wide legal tender is coinage.

You mean English notes ( which are also legal tender here ).

😀

Edited by mad_manx

On 7/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, mad_manx said:

Many other cash machines on the Island dispense UK notes .

Are you sure? I thought it was a local legal obligation that local ATMs had to dispense Manx notes and special dispensation had to be given to the Sea Teminal and Airport ATMs to allow them to dispense UK?

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Are you sure? I thought it was a local legal obligation that local ATMs had to dispense Manx notes and special dispensation had to be given to the Sea Teminal and Airport ATMs to allow them to dispense UK?

maybe they can't dispense manx notes like any new barriers at the airport couldn't take manx pound coins ??

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes. As I said it was a surprise for me and that's why I remember it so well .

I had not seen it anywhere else on the Island except Sea terminal/ Airport. 

But this is from maybe 2.5 years ago..So things could have changed ..

Edited by mad_manx

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I’ve had Uk notes from the point at Cycle 360 I think they do it to make it simple for off island business visitors to the business park. 

• Thanks 2