Airport.

Billy kettlefish

12 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Only open between the hours of 7am and 10pm though, right? 😂

You might like to compare it to Jersey who close at 9.30pm in the summer and 9pm in the winter. Guernsey who close at 9pm. Or Belfast City who close at 10pm!

9 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

What percentage of the cancellations were the easyjet evening gatwick flight? Just reporting some stats without any context whatsoever and saying look look bad is stupid.

It's not clear from that table if this includes both inbound and outbound flights, but assuming it does, so a cancelled Gatwick to IOM to Gatwick round trip counts as two flights. 

On this basis, and from my own notes, easyJet cancelled 50 flights (25 round trips) in that period. Of those, 30 (15 round trips) were the evening Gatwick. The vast majority of these were in May and June.

This leaves 89 flights unaccounted for, which are presumably Loganair. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It's not clear from that table if this includes both inbound and outbound flights, but assuming it does, so a cancelled Gatwick to IOM to Gatwick round trip counts as two flights. 

On this basis, and from my own notes, easyJet cancelled 50 flights (25 round trips) in that period. Of those, 30 (15 round trips) were the evening Gatwick. The vast majority of these were in May and June.

This leaves 89 flights unaccounted for, which are presumably Loganair. 

I thought the Gatwick one would have been more, maybe it just gets more attention.

27 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

I thought the Gatwick one would have been more, maybe it just gets more attention.

I think that in May and June, it seemed much worse than the data shows, and yes, Gatwick evening does get more attention because it is a huge inconvenience and hassle for everyone, as the alternatives are generally inconvenient and expensive. Cancellations on Liverpool and Manchester are less so, as there are usually other flights, or the Manannan! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I think that in May and June, it seemed much worse than the data shows, and yes, Gatwick evening does get more attention because it is a huge inconvenience and hassle for everyone, as the alternatives are generally inconvenient and expensive. Cancellations on Liverpool and Manchester are less so, as there are usually other flights, or the Manannan! 

Heathrow seems to have seen its fair share of cancellations too and let's not forget a few months back, the morning City was often cancelled.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

This is appalling given there are so few options to travel to and from the island both EasyJet and Loganair are culpable . It also demonstrates that it is wrong to rely on one airline to serve the island all those that believe EasyJet is the answer should reflect on what would happen if we did . London in particular needs to be served by one large operator ( most likely EasyJet into Gatwick  ) and another smaller operator into a premium airport ( BACF or Loganair into Heathrow or London City ) . Let’s hope the new airport director can use his experience and knowledge of the airlines at Inverness to ensure the island is served in the right way . 

• Like 1