Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

If anyone is in doubt about the frailties of leaving EasyJet to the London market take a look at the winter schedule. With the exception of a Thursday the morning 9.55am flights has gone and on Mondays the first flight off island is 12.25pm Fridays 15.35pm . On Tuesdays and Wednesdays only one evening flight . London needs a better service than this it is not satisfactory connectivity for such an important market . 

If the demand was there so would the flights but agree not much use for business travel 

12 hours ago, Banker said:

If the demand was there so would the flights but agree not much use for business travel 

But more could be done to get supply in line with demand . For example if there were only two flights a day Mon-Friday and one on a Sunday to a London premium airport ( Heathrow or London City ) then it would start to make a little more sense . Or find a way to get British Airways City Flyer to overnight a plane and do a morning and evening flight as was being considered before the pandemic  . To leave it all to Gatwick and EasyJet is wrong and will not provide sufficient connectivity . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, asitis said:

He's taken on an absolute shit show at the airport, there isn't one thing I can think of we do well. I wish him well but am willing to bet he's not here for the long haul !

Do we necessarily want someone to stay for the long haul though?.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

2 hours ago, asitis said:

He's taken on an absolute shit show at the airport, there isn't one thing I can think of we do well. I wish him well but am willing to bet he's not here for the long haul !

No he’s taken on a covid vaccination centre that feels like it can’t possibly function as an airport again because every member of staff has completely given up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

The airport website was absolutely fine in it's previous form which was basically arrivals/departures, route info and airport facilities. 

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

I hope some of the regular travelers on here take the time to talk to him. And then tell us about it.

I spoke to the guy this week. I'll be honest. He seems like a good guy - intelligent, switched on and keen to make improvement. I just hope he hasn't underestimated the size of the problem. 

I've seen too many promising recruits become crushed under the weight and bureaucracy of the Isle of Man Government machine. 

• Like 4