Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, IOM said:

So you understand the detailed working guidelines and practices involved in air traffic control do you ? All the rules and regulations of the CAA ?

I’m not an air traffic controller; local, radar or centre, or otherwise.

But Im au fait with working guidelines. Thanks for your continued concern.

Edited by NoTailT

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I’m not an air traffic controller; local, radar or centre, or otherwise.

But Im au fait with working guidelines. Thanks for your continued concern.

Well personally I like to understand an issue a little more before I go assuming and accusing professionals of not caring and to use your words “ buggering off “ ! 

47 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Dunno, but the gatwick flight landed and isnt going out again apparently, so somethings going on.

Inbound landed 2108. 38 minutes late.

Outbound delayed overnight.

easyJet have occasionally landed later than that and departed later. 

So that would lead one to conclude it was an ATC issue this evening 

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Inbound landed 2108. 38 minutes late.

Outbound delayed overnight.

easyJet have occasionally landed later than that and departed later. 

So that would lead one to conclude it was an ATC issue this evening 

You'll have @IOMin Noble's with heart trauma for assuming ATC could possibly be to blame.

Maybe the honourable Minister for DOI @Chris Thomas could tell us what's going on with this shitshow?

• Like 3

I have many good friends in ATC. None of them would I describe as unprofessional or uncaring about their job. However all of them have a sense of self preservation, which is where you don't go if you operate outside of legal limits and requirements.

If you want to direct your ire at someone, try Reynolds, whose idea of cutting costs was lack of forward planning and a freeze on recruitment. To catch up takes time to recruit and train, and I believe this is where we are now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

You'll have @IOMin Noble's with heart trauma for assuming ATC could possibly be to blame.

Maybe the honourable Minister for DOI @Chris Thomas could tell us what's going on with this shitshow?

You are in my opinion extremely silly and frankly at times obnoxious! You just don’t get it do you . I am not saying that the problem may be air traffic control what I am saying is air traffic controllers are professionals who have very clear regulated working requirements . You just seem to think they sit there and say I have had enough now and am going home it’s frankly ridiculous. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I have many good friends in ATC. None of them would I describe as unprofessional or uncaring about their job. However all of them have a sense of self preservation, which is where you don't go if you operate outside of legal limits and requirements.

If you want to direct your ire at someone, try Reynolds, whose idea of cutting costs was lack of forward planning and a freeze on recruitment. To catch up takes time to recruit and train, and I believe this is where we are now.

Nobody is blaming anyone in ATC.

Refer my post on prior page.

'ATC' is a generalisation of the entire organisation surrounding delivery of air traffic services.

Only @IOMwould have people believe otherwise. The organisation around ATC is underfunded and understaffed and it provides us with zero operational resillience.

"We’ve been over this a gazillion times before, back and forth, the IOM airport has very little operational resilience.:

Edited by NoTailT

20 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Nobody is blaming anyone in ATC.

Refer my post on prior page.

'ATC' is a generalisation of the entire organisation surrounding delivery of air traffic services.

Only @IOMwould have people believe otherwise. The organisation around ATC is underfunded and understaffed and it provides us with zero operational resillience.

"We’ve been over this a gazillion times before, back and forth, the IOM airport has very little operational resilience.:

Maybe and if your original post last night was more considered I might agree with you . But it said and I quote “ assume ATC buggering off “ . This is a grossly unfair statement and that’s what I am calling out because it does on the face of it look like you are blaming the people in ATC . 

18 minutes ago, Giggleberrys said:

It seems that not having enough Air Traffic Controllers isn't just an Isle of Man problem:

https://www.nats.aero/careers/vacancies/v/265457/

If the Airport want to attract qualified controllers from across then it'll be much tougher with those jobs already on offer

Exactly it’s a very complex picture. This is why NoTailT would do well to fully understand the problem before firing off sweeping generalisations and derogatory comments. 

• Like 1