Airport.

Billy kettlefish

7 minutes ago, lcd said:

Correct. The change of post title and 16% hike in salary coincided with the arrival of the current "Deputy airport director"

This situation should be reviewed ,, in the interest  of  providing   better value for money ,especially  when there are no permanent  incumbents  in the key positions ,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, snowman said:

When is the lounge re-opening?

Yes.  Was interested in when they plan to open the rendezvous lounge . Has it ever opened since the lockdown in march 2020?

A friend who travelled a few weeks ago said that it was still shut due to covid social distancing requirements :D

So is it permanently closed now ? 

4 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Yes.  Was interested in when they plan to open the rendezvous lounge . Has it ever opened since the lockdown in march 2020?

A friend who travelled a few weeks ago said that it was still shut due to covid social distancing requirements :D

So is it permanently closed now ? 

I think given it was mostly propped by people travelling Club to City, until someone with a recurring demand comes here there's little hope of it reopening.

• Like 1

Its quite telling that all the Easyjet services this afternoon have been severely delayed or diverted one assumes due to bad weather. However Loganair has managed to get in presumably as smaller aircraft. Reliability is critical for an island. 

30 minutes ago, IOM said:

Its quite telling that all the Easyjet services this afternoon have been severely delayed or diverted one assumes due to bad weather. However Loganair has managed to get in presumably as smaller aircraft. Reliability is critical for an island. 

What a stupid post.

A small Beech B200 Super King Air diverted to Liverpool as well

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, snowman said:

What a stupid post.

A small Beech B200 Super King Air diverted to Liverpool as well

I doubt those people that are delayed in Liverpool, Bristol or Belfast think it’s stupid. And those on EasyJet from Liverpool are still there while Loganair passengers are on there way back to the island ! The facts show that local island based operators are more reliable in bad weather you might want to check it out !  

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

easyjet LPL just landed

easyjet BFS due in about 5 minutes

easyjet BRS delayed overnight

Currently on Easyjet BRS (which diverted to Liverpool) and we are going to be going to IOM shortly.

We're originally told we were going back to Bristol with a hotel and overnight stay. but weather has now improved enough for an attempt. Crew have been great keeping us up to date.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

easyjet LPL just landed

easyjet BFS due in about 5 minutes

Only 3 to 4 hours behind schedule. Like I said I doubt those people that were sat around for such a long time thought it was stupid . Take a look at the Loganair arrival times and compare . The facts are the facts .  

59 minutes ago, IOM said:

I doubt those people that are delayed in Liverpool, Bristol or Belfast think it’s stupid. And those on EasyJet from Liverpool are still there while Loganair passengers are on there way back to the island ! The facts show that local island based operators are more reliable in bad weather you might want to check it out !  

Actually those from Liverpool arrived just two minutes late, I suspect the Bristol passengers may have been with them:

image.png.89b4ef5dbdca3dfbf98c049788c3dc25.png

Weather can affect all sorts of flights, but the price you pay for sub-£50 return fares is tighter schedules and so things more likely to go wrong.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Duplicate image

Quite a mental post really. Easyjet don't want their aircraft stuck circling for hours burning thousands of pounds of fuel. We circled the Island for about half an hour and we could see the fog was bad. If they could land then they would. Obviously their limits don't allow them to. If they did attempt to land and ended up crashing then I'm sure the questions would be asked why they attempted in the first place.

Diverting us to Liverpool instead of Bristol kept the window open for the weather to improve (as per forecast). It didn't look it was going to which is why we were going back to Bristol. Now that the weather has we are going to the IOM again which have saved probably circa 300 people inconvenience on both the inbound and outbound flights, as well as hotels and rearranged flights tomorrow.

Don't know what else they are supposed to do.

Edited by swoopy2110
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Quite a mental post really. Easyjet don't want their aircraft stuck circling for hours burning thousands of pounds of fuel. We circled the Island for about half an hour and we could see the fog was bad. If they could land then they would. Obviously their limits don't allow them to. If they did attempt to land and ended up crashing then I'm sure the questions would be asked why they attempted in the first place.

Diverting us to Liverpool instead of Bristol kept the window open for the weather to improve (as per forecast). It didn't look it was going to which is why we were going back to Bristol. Now that the weather has we are going to the IOM again which have saved probably circa 300 people inconvenience on both the inbound and outbound flights, as well as hotels and rearranged flights tomorrow.

Don't know what else they are supposed to do.

Oh dear oh dear some people just don’t think about these things do they . For a start the Liverpool flight was originally due in at 17.15 it was obviously rearranged for 20.45 due to the bad weather so by my reckoning it’s late by 3.5 hours . Secondly I am not criticising EasyJet for diverting of course passenger safety is a priority and they did the right thing . But if you look all the Loganair flights managed to keep to schedule and the reason is they are smaller planes which can operate in more limited circumstances and safely . My point is the Isle of Man needs reliable services given it’s an island with very few alternative travel options and like it or not they find it harder to get in and out of Ronaldsway in bad weather . It’s a simple fact .