Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes indeed you did quote their press release which was for a range of destinations not specifically the Isle of Man routes so as ever misleading. For anyone who even begins to understand the airline industry it’s fairly obvious that ticket prices of £35 to Heathrow are never going to happen ! 

Oh they will (well almost £35ish)... just not from IOM 

image.png.1e62ff6c8325346e93511a9a17253ad5.png

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

BHD-LHR as well

I mean I'm not particularly arsed about the fares being £35.99 or not. We don't need another race to the bottom. 

£70ish each way seems about a fair fare. 

I know people expect things from £19 like Easyjet. But it's not going to work for every flight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

No way on earth you weren't aware of this given the amount of time you spend on this forum and the amount of times it's been covered on here.

As I said I was aware that there was something going on with an app, I haven't actually been following this thread much. 

My understanding was that, like the new Mersey crossing, you logged on and paid after you had parked and within a day or so? Not downloading apps before parking, that is the most stupid idea I have ever heard. How would anyone who isn't a complete knowall local twat know to do this? IoMG are just so out of touch and up themselves, how else could anyone explain the decision making behind this?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

From pprune:

Flybe are back at IOM:

BHD-IOM starts 30/10/22
BE606 BHD 1420-1500 IOM (Mon-Fri) BE608 BHD 1805-1845 IOM (Sun)
BE609 IOM 1920-2000 BHD (Sun) BE607 IOM 2015-2055 BHD (Mon-Fri)

IOM-LHR starts 31/10/22
BE725 IOM 1545-1720 LHR (Mon-Fri)
BE726 LHR 1805-1940 IOM (Mon-Fri)

So Mon-Fri 1 aircraft coming in from Belfast, then doing a Heathrow return, then back to Belfast.

2 hours ago, IOM said:

Yes indeed you did quote their press release which was for a range of destinations not specifically the Isle of Man routes so as ever misleading. For anyone who even begins to understand the airline industry it’s fairly obvious that ticket prices of £35 to Heathrow are never going to happen ! 

I should add - until it was suspended - I paid less than 40 quid each way between  Leeds and Heathrow on Flybe several times.

55 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I should add - until it was suspended - I paid less than 40 quid each way between  Leeds and Heathrow on Flybe several times.

I never mentioned other routes I was referring to the Isle of Man and that there would be no £35 fares to Heathrow. Frankly fares like that will help nobody as its not sustainable. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, IOM said:

I never mentioned other routes I was referring to the Isle of Man and that there would be no £35 fares to Heathrow. Frankly fares like that will help nobody as its not sustainable. 

But in the context of their statement and other routes, I had expected to see some lower lead-in fares.

However I do know that they are being forced to pay full whack airport fees by IOM on Heathrow, not on BHD.

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

But in the context of their statement and other routes, I had expected to see some lower lead-in fares.

However I do know that they are being forced to pay full whack airport fees by IOM on Heathrow, not on BHD.

LHR is technically not a new route therefore they don't get a waive on landing fees. 

BHD is a new route (Easyjet operate to Aldergrove not City) and therefore they do get a waive of fees. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

LHR is technically not a new route therefore they don't get a waive on landing fees. 

BHD is a new route (Easyjet operate to Aldergrove not City) and therefore they do get a waive of fees. 

Indeed. Which will explain the higher lead-in fares over some of the other routes.

But then again, BHD-LHR isn't exactly new.

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Did you feel lonely on those flights?.

I imagine there is a good reason those flights were dropped quickly.

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

need to lower the airport fees

Something Terry Liddiard in his MA days alluded to on more than one occasion; the "extraordinarily high" fees charged by Ronaldsway. 

• Like 1