Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Strange advert from Loganair. How are they checking their 'Manx' crew? Are they checking birth certificates for all parents and grandparents over 15 generations to make sure they're Manx to the Max? 

At least it would stop any misunderstanding due to having a non-Manx accent. 

Screenshot_20221003-203238_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Probably not but he has been described to me as Gary the Gob ! The place really is a clown show after the pair of clowns left it so !

When these people leave, they just blame all the failures on others.

Imagine the next job interview....

Q. Give me some examples of how the bureaucracy and hierarchy stopped you doing things to improve the airport.

A. Well look at the promenade, nsc flumes, mention any airport issues, hospital, dhsc etc...the list goes on. Then it becomes 'not me guv it's them CS'

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:
2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Does that include the new lad?

Probably not but he has been described to me as Gary the Gob ! The place really is a clown show after the pair of clowns left it so !

I wonder how much of the actions we're seeing now (such as the Sunday closing for incident training) are due to Cobb looking at the paperwork and seeing that all sorts of thing that should have been done or reported, haven't been done, possibly for years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wonder how much of the actions we're seeing now (such as the Sunday closing for incident training) are due to Cobb looking at the paperwork and seeing that all sorts of thing that should have been done or reported, haven't been done, possibly for years.

It's obvious isn't it

10 minutes ago, snowman said:

easyJet have rescheduled their S23 Friday evening flight. It is currently scheduled to arrive in IOM at 2120 and depart at 2150 - from 31 March onwards.

🤣

I wonder how many times that will be cancelled - absolutely ridiculous! 

13 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Has he checked the state of the garden beds at the front?
Always used to be a good manicured display. 

Yes because that should be his top priority FFS. 

The flower beds on Douglas Prom looked ace while the rest of it went to shit. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

You are not far wide of the mark, however the new director probably has only a peripheral involvement in this particular shit show !

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, NoTailT said:

The bags don't connect at Heathrow last time I tried that. There's no logistical connection between the terminals in which Loganair arrives and BA departs, I was told it just isnt compatible with the BA baggage system at T5 (bulk vs containerised). I'm happy to stand corrected if it now works. But yes you can book a through ticket.

Did the BA to loganair connection a few days ago at LHR 

It was a single ticket bought on BA website with the initial sector on BA landing  at T5 and the second flight on Loganair to the IOM with a BA number 

At checkin for my initial flight the BA / contracted agent  managed to check in my bags all the way to the IOM but was unable to generate a boarding  pass for the LHR IOM sector 

So I landed in LHR and stayed airside and used the shuttle train to get to flight connections and then a airside bus to get to T2 

At T2  you first need to go through security ( even if you don't have a boarding pass then will let you in if you show your itinerary (also don't forget the liquids rule ) 

After security follow signs to flight connection and security staff will give you a slip of paper that you cleared security.

Then you pass through border control and enter T2 departures lounge .

While most airlines have transfer desks where you can get a boarding  pass  loganair doesn't have one airside . There was no information desk at T2 either.

So you need to wait till your gate is announced and collect your boarding  pass at the gate.

Also remember to show them the baggage receipts of the bags that you initially checked in so that they are all linked in loganair 

In summary 

1.. keep a printout of your e ticket ( can show on mobile) but easier if its a printout as multiple people need to see it 

2. If planning to stay airside then remember that the liquids rule still applies 

3. Keep your baggage receipts from when you check in the bags at the start of the trip 

PS: one potential issue is whether you can shop / use the lounges at T2 departures as you are without a boarding  pass till you get to the gates

If you really want one you need to contact loganair who will give you a loganair reference number for fhe same trip 

This is different from the BA one .

You can use the loganair reservation number and surname and manage your booking and generate a mobile boarding pass. 

This can be used for lounge access etc if you are eligible.  I'm not 100% sure whether they insist on a boarding pass or whether an itinerary alone is fine . 

Edited by mad_manx