Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

easyJet have released their Summer 2023 schedule today. 

IOM services and frequencies much as this year, but bizarrely, despite all the problems and suggestions from this forum, the troubled evening Gatwick service will operate even later on some dates, leaving here at 21.50!! This is after the closing time of the Airport. 

wont stop me from booking it

Edited by snowman

easyJet have renumbered flights between IOM and Manchester & Liverpool next Summer. I can't be bothered checking other routes. They've also renumbered them between LPL and BFS. I wonder if this is a method to massage punctuality stats or if it's related to AOC post brexit 

Just now, snowman said:

easyJet have renumbered flights between IOM and Manchester & Liverpool next Summer. I can't be bothered checking other routes. They've also renumbered them between LPL and BFS. I wonder if this is a method to massage punctuality stats or if it's related to AOC post brexit 

Can't see how it would help punctuality. 

If EZY0001 is late and EZY9999 is late, they're both late.

It’s because they’re rationalising flight numbers.

Because of Brexit EasyJet had to split their fleet. Some ( most )  are now operated by an EU based company with an EU AOC ( EJU) and the rest by a UK based company with an English AOC (EZY).

The two companies now have different airline identifier codes and the numbering system didn’t make sense.

EZY is the one based in UK, EJU is the one based in EU.

14 minutes ago, snowman said:

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I'll explain how it helps punctuality stats ...there's websites which will rate a flight lm for example U2634 rated 3/5. U2855 might be 1/5. I haven't checked.

The point is, that if U2855 or 634 are no longer operated the new flight numbers get a clean slate when it comes to punctuality stats.

That's said @John Wrighthas explained the situation 😁

2 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

UK ATC issue, hopefully sorted and able to leave shortly...

Everybody was sat down belted up then the announcement came because the plane was late arriving IoM the slot was missed at Gatwick. ATC IoM were prepared to stay open until 11.00 but after that we couldn't take off. And at the London end we were at the back of the 90 minute queue when we needed to land 60 minutes back. So we had to sit and wonder until another plane London end didn't make it. So pinched their slot.

We landed South Terminal with 10 minutes to spare. Not a fun start to the weekend 😐

Edited by english zloty

16 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Everybody was sat down belted up then the announcement came because the plane was late arriving IoM the slot was missed at Gatwick. ATC IoM were prepared to stay open until 11.00 but after that we couldn't take off. And at the London end we were at the back of the 90 minute queue when we needed to land 60 minutes back. So we had to sit and wonder until another plane London end didn't make it. So pinched their slot.

We landed South Terminal with 10 minutes to spare. Not a fun start to the weekend 😐

But you made it..... phew 

7 hours ago, english zloty said:

It’s interesting that air traffic control in the Isle of Man were prepared to stay until 11pm - good for them . I hope EasyJet paid for the extension. It also shows the team at Ronaldsway are very committed and hard working NoTailT you might want to take note ! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IOM said:

It’s interesting that air traffic control in the Isle of Man were prepared to stay until 11pm - good for them . I hope EasyJet paid for the extension. It also shows the team at Ronaldsway are very committed and hard working NoTailT you might want to take note ! 

I've never blamed the individuals. Just the organisation around them that lacks resilience. Keep rocking on your hobby horse.

• Like 1