Airport.

Billy kettlefish

A great day for runway 03 / 21 to be closed due to managerial incompetence ! Those sitting in the two front seats will be grateful LOL !!

Wind 200° 25kt, gusting 35kt. Visibility 10km or more. Clouds few 2000ft, broken 4000ft.
Becoming from Sunday 12:00 till 14:00:
Visibility 6000m. Rain. Clouds broken 800ft.
With 40% probability, temporarily from Sunday 13:00 till 16:00: Wind 200° 35kt, gusting 45kt. Visibility 3000m. Heavy rain. Clouds broken 400ft.
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Loganair is up for sale. 

Somebody check on Dr Allinson and Alf. Also lock away the Government chequebook while we're at it. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/loganair-goes-up-for-sale-as-bond-brothers-bow-out-5mgz8hwvk

Surprisingly it’s debt free, no bank debt, about to pay back the £25 million UK government covid loan ahead of time.

It won’t go for much, but whatever it goes for is unlikely to be as much as States of Guernsey have sunk into Aurigny since they nationalised/bought it.

Loganair has been for sale for the past 5 years. Bond brothers warned Hinkles 12 months ago that they wouldn't be throwing any more money at it.

Problem for Loganair is the ageing fleet, owned by a separate Bond Brothers entity on silly leases (the E135/145's).

Eastern Airways also up for sale. Lots of opportunity for Hooper and Allinson to waste our taxpayers dosh!!

Nothing to do with these sales, but I firmly believe there was a case for some limited ownership in respect of our most popular routes. It would just mean taking ownership of those and ridding those routes of open skies malarkey.

I am not suggesting running an airline, as I'm well aware we can't run a bath, but rather than throw money at empty seats,  empty because of cheaper competitors for the limited passenger numbers, there has to be a better way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

What happened with that 'manx' firm that tried to buy stobart and then the police were called in?

Haven't heard a peep on that in donkeys, seems all parties involved are going about their normal business from what I can see. Must've died a death, or might be like Paul Bell's world where it drags on for 8yrs because the cops haven't a clue.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Haven't heard a peep on that in donkeys, seems all parties involved are going about their normal business from what I can see. Must've died a death, or might be like Paul Bell's world where it drags on for 8yrs because the cops haven't a clue.

You’ll have to ask @jaymann. He seemed in the know.