Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Well the farce that couldn't get more farcical just did, the lovely new runway 03 / 21 is now closed until the 31st December according to the latest notam. 

We know this is a failure of management and a lack of action which has caused this, I wonder if Cobb will be making any comment on how he will deal with utter incompetence now the helm is his !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Genuine question: what is the problem(s) with the runway and what is needed to fix it?

There is nothing wrong with the runway, basically a procedural problem was identified ( which hasn't been a problem for the last 35 years but hey ho) and it needed some resolution. As I understand it, it was sort of put on the back burner then the regulator has said if you've no proposals for solution then you'd better close it !

If that is not the absolute truth its close to it  ( no doubt some bullshit will spout forth from the airport ).

Inaction and mismanagement about cover it imo.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, asitis said:

There is nothing wrong with the runway, basically a procedural problem was identified ( which hasn't been a problem for the last 35 years but hey ho) and it needed some resolution. As I understand it, it was sort of put on the back burner then the regulator has said if you've no proposals for solution then you'd better close it !

If that is not the absolute truth its close to it  ( no doubt some bullshit will spout forth from the airport ).

Inaction and mismanagement about cover it imo.

Should have moved it all to Jurby Airport when they had the chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Have Flybe pulled out already? 

I've just had an email that my Heathrow flight on Monday is cancelled.

Entire schedule cancelled.

Cancellation of flying from Isle of Man statement

Flybe cancels planned winter schedule from Isle of Man

Due to further delays with planned aircraft deliveries, Flybe has decided not to proceed with its inaugural services to the Isle of Man that were scheduled to begin on 30th October 2022.

As a result, Flybe will be cancelling all flights currently scheduled from the Isle of Man to London Heathrow and Belfast City this winter.

Flybe deeply regrets the inconvenience that will be caused to passengers affected by this decision. The airline will provide full refunds, as well as applicable compensation, to all those impacted by these unexpected cancellations. Passengers can claim refunds by following the link provided in their cancellation email.

Flybe has been forced to take this decision due to additional delays in the delivery of planned de Havilland Dash-8 400 aircraft.

• Haha 1