Airport.

Billy kettlefish

All good and well making jokes but how are we supposed to sell the island as a great place to live and do business if this keeps happening? How hard is it to realise that stable travel connections are absolutely vital for an ISLAND. From being harassed by immigration to no planes, it’s one shambles after another. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

All good and well making jokes but how are we supposed to sell the island as a great place to live and do business if this keeps happening? How hard is it to realise that stable travel connections are absolutely vital for an ISLAND. From being harassed by immigration to no planes, it’s one shambles after another. 

We could just finally wake up and realise we don't have a sustainable tourist industry, and invest our time, money and energy into other industries.

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Normally 'well and good' if you're then going to suggest that alles is not completely in Butter :)

30 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

And those that do travel are having their credit cards removed from them. Often those cards include travel insurance or airport lounge access 

49 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

All good and well making jokes but how are we supposed to sell the island as a great place to live and do business if this keeps happening?

we have to lie just like we've been doing for the last 20 years and hope there are still dumb people with money around.

1 hour ago, IOM said:

A shame ? Really ? The route was due to start next Tuesday what sort of company only knows a few days out that they don’t have sufficient aircraft to operate a new route . It’s a complete shambles. 

G-FLBB was due to enter service next week and has had a setback, these things happen. It's unfortunate and I hope Flybe will return, at a minimum with the Belfast City route.

14 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

G-FLBB was due to enter service next week and has had a setback, these things happen. It's unfortunate and I hope Flybe will return, at a minimum with the Belfast City route.

I have never heard of an airline planning on launching a new route and cancelling the entire schedule with a matter of days to go . Must be a serious setback for the route to not operate for at least 5 months !!!! I feel for those people who have booked to fly to Heathrow I notice the return flight with Loganair is £145 one way on Monday ! I have my issues with both EasyJet and Loganair but at least neither have done this !!!!

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

you haven't been to Douglas have you? 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, snowman said:

No flights. No credit cards. What a place to live

That short post is very pertinent and should be given a lot of thought by IOMG

It won't be of course, because they cant influence credit card companies to do business here.

They also seem to have a policy of pissing off every airline that tries to give a service to the island and will not make the quite reasonable offer of support to keep some routes going despite lack of passengers

The recent AMEX press release, lack of credit card availability did not at first sight bother me.

It has however really pissed off all my children who say it is just the final nail in the coffin as to why they will not be staying on the island after their uni degrees. - I questioned this with them  and they told me quite rightly  

"Can you imagine not having a credit card in this modern world? - I CAN'T BUT WHAT THEY SAID WAS TRUE -

Without a credit card you can't build a credit rating and therefore can't get any type of credit/ home loans/ mortgages."

The island is Fuck3d.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I really hope this lot were booked on the Heathrow flight. It seems to be most of IOMG!

Tynwald Members to visit Westminster

You mean the annual Christmas shopping trip? for MHKs and hangers on?

"The visit will primarily focus on increasing understanding how different parliaments operate and will include meetings on topics of mutual interest, including the scrutiny of Government budgets."

That reads like a school trip to the UK and especially with so many of our elected and non elected it looks seriously just like a jolly.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

That reads like a school trip to the UK and especially with so many of our elected and non elected it looks seriously just like a jolly.

"Let's all go the most dysfunctional parliament in living memory to see if we can't learn how to totally screw up our own. Er, who's Prime Minister this week again?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't get how subsidising Loganair to get us to Heathrow then Flybe muscling in as well does the travelling public any favours.

Seems as soon as someone makes a success of a route a competitor jumps onboard ! Open skies is a bloody nonsense with our market size.

• Thanks 1