Airport.

Billy kettlefish

29 minutes ago, asitis said:

FFS we've been paying that .................... YE BLOODY GODS ! Now find someone that has a clue!!!

Already been filled. Earmarked for the sister of someone who works in the civil service who used to operate baggage control at Cotswold Airport 10 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Airport Director job is out.

£10k relocation package. Up to £103k/Yr

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/displayjob.aspx?jobid=13562

How much was Anne Reynolds on, the same or more (prior to being given Ports as well)?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Rishi has cut domestic air passenger duty by 50% to £6.50.

Wonder if Ashford will follow suit?

I don't think he has any say ,its a UK tax that an element  was shared with the isle of Man as a rebate , but increased aviation fuel and other charges will soon cancel that out , Rishi didn't make it clear weather it would apply to the isle of Man  and Channel islands or not ,you will have to wait  see whats written in the small print and weasel words  attached to the Budget statement 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I don't think he has any say ,its a UK tax that an element  was shared with the isle of Man as a rebate , but increased aviation fuel and other charges will soon cancel that out , Rishi didn't make it clear weather it would apply to the isle of Man  and Channel islands or not ,you will have to wait  see whats written in the small print and weasel words  attached to the Budget statement 

I'm pretty sure we get to dictate our own APD rates on departures FROM the Island...?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

No it's also a Manx tax that we copy the UK rate of, so I would imagine we would do the same here.  Though you do always have to look at the details with such things.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

No it's also a Manx tax that we copy the UK rate of, so I would imagine we would do the same here.  Though you do always have to look at the details with such things.

According to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece the Treasury are reviewing the situation. 

8 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Rishi has cut domestic air passenger duty by 50% to £6.50.

Wonder if Ashford will follow suit?

MR reports that it will not apply to IoM flights and that IoM Treasury will review "shortly"