Airport.

Billy kettlefish

18 hours ago, Mercenary said:

There are a few Costas on the Island that seem to be in a competition for the slowest service. Maybe queuing is fashionable and drives greater sales in a roundabout way

The one at the Airport isn't run by the same franchisee as the other Costas on the island.

I wouldn't say the cafe at Ronaldsway was any worse than similar cafes in the UK. The bar in Manchester T3 plumbs new depths of awful.

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

The one at the Airport isn't run by the same franchisee as the other Costas on the island.

I wouldn't say the cafe at Ronaldsway was any worse than similar cafes in the UK. The bar in Manchester T3 plumbs new depths of awful.

Have you been to the burger King in T1 ?  Our old KFC  looked like a Michelin star restaurant compared to that one .

Had something crunchy in my burger and it was some insect..  Mrs had the same.   The seating area was full of them ..Told the staff who didn't bother to clean ..Said that we could sit  around the corner ( in seats belonging to another place ) 

It wasn't a one off either..Had another flight a month later and went to have a look ( didn't want to eat )..Same issues  

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

No it isn’t I’m afraid. It should be better but it’s actually worse than every other Costa on the IOM. I saw the comments above and I agree. It’s simply horrible and staffed by ‘couldn’t give a shit’ staff and I’ve often had to pour half of my £4 latte into a bin because I’ve queued so long for it my flight has been called before I’ve had time to finish it. It’s terrible. 

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I see easyjet have subtly restarted Manchester flights.

That is going to be another problem . Around 5500 passengers are using the route according to airport data . There will now be circa 16000 seats for sale . Once again frequency could be at risk which I just don’t think is helpful . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Have you been to the burger King in T1 ?  Our old KFC  looked like a Michelin star restaurant compared to that one .

Had something crunchy in my burger and it was some insect..  Mrs had the same.   The seating area was full of them ..Told the staff who didn't bother to clean ..Said that we could sit  around the corner ( in seats belonging to another place ) 

It wasn't a one off either..Had another flight a month later and went to have a look ( didn't want to eat )..Same issues  

Airport Burger Kings are always understaffed and filthy wherever you are in the world.

I think they must have to be under the franchise rules.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I saw the comments above and I agree. It’s simply horrible and staffed by ‘couldn’t give a shit’ staff and I’ve often had to pour half of my £4 latte into a bin because I’ve queued so long for it my flight has been called before I’ve had time to finish it.

It's an off-island franchisee. The problem is the lack of staff, whenever I've been there's been one poor soul on trying to do everything. Needless to say the queue is slow. Although I normally take my drink with me, often the flight is called (especially with EasyJet) and then we get to sit in that horrible room downstairs for 20 minutes before boarding.

2 hours ago, IOM said:

That is going to be another problem . Around 5500 passengers are using the route according to airport data . There will now be circa 16000 seats for sale . Once again frequency could be at risk which I just don’t think is helpful . 

It will fill up quickly enough. 

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

The problem has been lack of capacity, not lack of customers. 

Build it and they will come. A bit like food banks. 

Even before the pandemic there were only circa 11000 passengers on the route so it’s going to have to build a lot . The problem is EasyJet bring around 7000 seats to the island on the route with one flight albeit it at random times of the day . In addition they are not exactly committed to the route we saw what they did when they had a shortage of planes . In my opinion the island needs frequent regular well timed services not a once a day random service .