Airport.

Billy kettlefish

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Likely to affect flights tomorrow?

TBH I didnt go that far with conversation but cant see given the previous delays and cancellations that this won't  make it worse. I do know ,as of this afternoon, its likely to affect mine next Wednesday evening . 

Edited by Numbnuts

39 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I heard a rumour that Loganair may be reducing their presence at Ronaldsway now that the Government cash has (or is soon to be) reduced.... but that was rumoured to be in the New Year when they've already slashed the Londonn City and Manchester flight schedules. 

How is Manchester being slashed from two per day?

Loganair reducing schedules when the magic money tree hit its autumn was always highly likely.

They're also having a major recruitment issue due to low pay and work conditions. Many crews leaving to join Emerald in Northern Ireland.

Edited by NoTailT

28 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

How is Manchester being slashed from two per day?

Loganair reducing schedules when the magic money tree hit its autumn was always highly likely.

They're also having a major recruitment issue due to low pay and work conditions. Many crews leaving to join Emerald in Northern Ireland.

Single daily come the New Year is what I was told when they rang me to rebook my flights.

23 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Single daily come the New Year is what I was told when they rang me to rebook my flights.

If it’s true it’s the point I have been making about EasyJet on the route as it is there is too much supply . Sadly those posters who just worry about their cheap tickets won’t worry about having a frequent service . 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, IOM said:

If it’s true it’s the point I have been making about EasyJet on the route as it is there is too much supply . Sadly those posters who just worry about their cheap tickets won’t worry about having a frequent service . 

easyjet provides an excuse and no matter what happens, it'll give you your ammunition to justify your own position. Pre-COVID, 4x 78 seat Flybe flights daily. Currently 2 Loganairs and 1 easyjet, I'd take your calculator back for a refund because if easy operate an A319 the figures are the same, an A320 more uplift. But more capacity isn't a bad thing.

Even over the summer, Loganairs Manchester loads have often been pretty dire. It just isn't working.

The whole Loganair setup here just isn't working. It's too expensive and they're too quick to react when the magic money pots run out, we were here 12 months ago and 12 months before that.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IOM said:

So what's the answer? Take Easy of the route and prices will go up. It's not a case of wanting cheap flights over a regular service. We all want both, but for most people, price takes priority, hence the reason Easyjet are here.

5 hours ago, bonatti said:

price takes priority, hence the reason Easyjet are here.

The reasons easyJet are here are far more complex than them being able to offer cheap prices. They benefit from a price scale reduction dependent on passengers being put through UK airports, it was discussed at length earlier in the thread I think.

It always seemed bizarre to subsidise an airline with taxpayers money, but then let a competitor, who in honesty operates in a greater league than them, fly the same routes.

The whole airport is such a mess, nothing surprises me if the strategic commercial forward planning is not so also !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

easyjet provides an excuse and no matter what happens, it'll give you your ammunition to justify your own position. Pre-COVID, 4x 78 seat Flybe flights daily. Currently 2 Loganairs and 1 easyjet, I'd take your calculator back for a refund because if easy operate an A319 the figures are the same, an A320 more uplift. But more capacity isn't a bad thing.

Even over the summer, Loganairs Manchester loads have often been pretty dire. It just isn't working.

The whole Loganair setup here just isn't working. It's too expensive and they're too quick to react when the magic money pots run out, we were here 12 months ago and 12 months before that.

Firstly the passenger numbers are significantly below pre covid figures at the moment so that’s a flaw in your supply plan before you have even started and I did not even have to switch my calculator on to figure that out !!!! Secondly despite what you think I actually don’t disagree with you about Loganair they have at times been terrible . But what are the options I can’t see there are any other credible small operators ? Or do you think we should just let EasyJet take over all island routes and have randomly timed flights that get pulled at short notice when they see better options as happened with Manchester in the summer ? 

And let’s say no more about Flybe of which you said and I quote “they were great “  and you wished they were back . Somehow if that’s your judgement of air travel I might be inclined to leave it to others !!!!!

• Like 1

I don’t think open skies generally is bad. I’ve been around, and flying, for long enough to remember pre open skies. We still had no stability, frequent changes in operators, come backs, services announced but never started and services cancelled md season.

There is, however an area for exploration. That’s a PSO commitment service, to two airports, one in the North West, one in South East. Airports to be determined.

It could be encouraged with free landing and stand fees, rather than subsidy, and the PT contract.

But, the big driver at present is the lack of numbers flying.

Ive taken a conscious decision to fly less and use the ferry, most of the time, and to travel less frequently anyway. Fewer weekends. Make trips last a month or 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Our airport, which isn't styled 'International', except maybe by a certain 24 people, and yet we struggle to attract visitors, but aspire to 500,000 per year. This Welsh town probably gets this number annually easily, just because of a sign...

The Isle of Man...Where You Can...not get too much right...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63600184

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Our airport, which isn't styled 'International', except maybe by a certain 24 people, and yet we struggle to attract visitors, but aspire to 500,000 per year. This Welsh town probably gets this number annually easily, just because of a sign...

The Isle of Man...Where You Can...not get too much right...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63600184

The problem is that here we’d still manage to spend £50M on a fake airport to bring it up to scratch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2