Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, mad_manx said:

It's supposed to be  half day closure but as far as I know many airlines have canceled other flights as well 

You cannot fly in or out that day .

Sudden about turn this morning! We're now back to the original morning closure on Sunday as per the unamended NOTAM!

I wonder who will be footing the bill for the costs involved in the cancelled Easyjet & Loganair flights????

6 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Sudden about turn this morning! We're now back to the original morning closure on Sunday as per the unamended NOTAM!

I wonder who will be footing the bill for the costs involved in the cancelled Easyjet & Loganair flights????

Loganair had no flights available to book on that day a few months ago, did they reinstate some?.

How many other "major international" airports just close completely for this sort of thing, could they not do it outside normal operating hours?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Wasn't the NOTAM for 3 or maybe 4 hours right from day 1 . I don't remember an extension at any point. I wasn't planning to fly that day anyway but I know others who have been saying for over a month that it was not possible to fly in or out of the island that day.

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said:

Loganair had no flights available to book on that day a few months ago, did they reinstate some?.

How many other "major international" airports just close completely for this sort of thing, could they not do it outside normal operating hours?

I don't think so..

1 hour ago, dreamon said:

I think the fire cover is insufficient for commercial movements in any case on that day.

Told every one the new boy would be incompetent. They can not hire anybody who can do the job as it would not paint themselves in a very good light. He is starting to make Spake and Reynolds look good. How hard is it to look at his CV and say, no he's not up to the job. Instead lets waste a shitload on a new contract we will end up having to pay him off

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Told every one the new boy would be incompetent.

It didn't start off well with his Moulton interview, where he had no idea about flight minima and the requirements for take off and landing ! but bullshitted his way through the interview. We've had twenty years of bullshitters !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, dreamon said:

There won't be any such costs, because all flights were cancelled and passengers rebooked or refunded many months ago. I was one of them.

Presumably if they do open for part of the day they will have to pay their staff, for doing nothing.