Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

On the twitter thing someone queried the use of the word "exciting". Thomas responded "I find reliable and functional exciting".

I think that reliable and functional should be the standard, completely normal,  state of affairs.

I wonder what would happen to his mental state if he did come across something in gov. that was truly novel and exciting.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

.........and I still believe the car park is a total fiasco.

So true. Went to Brum last weekend. Took the car. No ticket. No barriers. ANPR on entry and exit. Pay by phone or app, or by brand new cash, card or phone pay on a touch screen pay station. Type in your index number, pay, go. So easy and mulitifunctional. Hotel had a discount code. Entered that. Got 25% off. This was right in the centre. 50 metres from hotel, theatre, China town. 250 metres from New Street and it’s station.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

.........and I still believe the car park is a total fiasco.

People just love to whinge about the RingGo app.

The pricing is batshit, pushing nearly everyone into the smaller long-stay car park unless they're parked for 14 days or more, but the pricing was batshit when there were barriers.

Most of the UK has moved to apps and phone parking. Where I lived in London it was pay-by-phone as the only option, and that was ten years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

The pricing is batshit, pushing nearly everyone into the smaller long-stay car park unless they're parked for 14 days or more, but the pricing was batshit when there were barriers.

Most of the UK has moved to apps and phone parking. Where I lived in London it was pay-by-phone as the only option, and that was ten years ago.

If you’re talking about street parking it was a nightmare.

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If you’re talking about street parking it was a nightmare.

Street and off-street parking in Haringey. It was a pain in the arse, but it was before decent smartphones. 

I parked up in one of the NCPs in Manchester last week, the only option was to pay online, either by app or when you get home. Same deal with toll roads like the Tyne Tunnel and Dartford Crossing too.

I don't get the animosity towards the RingGo app. There's the customer services desk if someone really can't manage it.

The car park pricing at the airport remains imbecilic though.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

I love RingGo.

I park for 6 months at a time, come and go as I please. Bargain for 60 quid.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes that seems to be a big flaw in the whole thing. If you pay for 6 months you seem to be able to come and go as you please if you’re away a lot. They don’t seem to check. 

I think I read it on here, inspired me to try it and it works wonders.

See, ManxForums, consumer champion.

• Like 1

We only use the airport about once a year so that's no use to us. Because we use it so rarely, we find it difficult to use and I really don't like the thought of such an outfit having access to my card.

The major gripe is not really about the Ring app but the fact that there was a simple, customer friendly system in place and as has been proved, a cheap to repair or replace system. This has been replaced by a system that many find difficult to use and at a cost that we are not allowed to know about.

It appears to me that simple, cheap and useable are not words in our govt's. lexicon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5