Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 11/27/2022 at 10:43 AM, asitis said:

Can anybody tell me, in plain English, what it is that Lina does, and how that will assist in getting people onto aircraft and away to their destinations ! I was only educated to A level standards so it is probable that this is way above my pay grade !

Lina pockets with IOM gov money! that's exactly what she does FFS will this lot ever get a fucking grip.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, snowman said:

easyJet are planning to add flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Edinburgh. Not from IOM but from Jersey.

Meanwhile route developments from IOM are............

We don’t even have flights to London after the end of March other than two flights a day to Gatwick or one over certain days in the summer months ! 

5 hours ago, snowman said:

easyJet are planning to add flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Edinburgh. Not from IOM but from Jersey.

Meanwhile route developments from IOM are............

Lots of French visit Jersey for short trips with a number of Europeans living there so probably good demand.

Watching that video of the safety drill they did at the airport on Sunday is eye-opening.

Does the IOM even have the capacity to deal with a serious crash of something the size of an Easyjet? 155ish passengers... it's not even worth thinking about. 

The way Mr Cobb speaks about it does not fill me with confidence. 

Should we even have Easyjet in here if we can't cope should the worst happen?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Watching that video of the safety drill they did at the airport on Sunday is eye-opening.

Does the IOM even have the capacity to deal with a serious crash of something the size of an Easyjet? 155ish passengers... it's not even worth thinking about. 

Jesus, don't get them started on needing a bigger hospital, just in case........

Seriously, I'm sure that Manx Care will have a major incident plan to deal with such a number of casualties, using both local and off-island resources.

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Pah, chicken feed compared to when an eight thousand pax cruise ship keels over on the new Douglas cruise ship berth!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

as nobles whine about the risk of filling up TT week when there are a lot less than 155 people in need you'd have to say no.

38 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

If it's bad enough to give you 155 casualties you won't need that many hospital beds, you'll just need a lot of body bags.

And if it's not that bad, most people will walk away.

• Like 2