Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I imagine an early departure and late arrival would be very popular.

I imagine more than one flight a day which is all there currently is over the summer months ( Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturday) might be quite helpful !!!!! Someone needs to sort this out quickly . 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 4:11 PM, snowman said:

easyJet are planning to add flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Edinburgh. Not from IOM but from Jersey.

Meanwhile route developments from IOM are............

I missed out the overnight in Jersey. I wonder if IOM will get something similar 

19 hours ago, emesde said:

In May 2022 Mr Glover said there woud be a 6 months trial of the RingGo parking system. It seems to have gone very quiet. 6 months are now up. Would he like to tell us how much this fiasco has cost ie how many tens of thousands of lost revenue  are involved and what is the ongoing situation. Or will he say nothing and hope no one notices? 

It’s charging you £13 a day to park. I can’t see that it’s lost them any money. 

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s charging you £13 a day to park. I can’t see that it’s lost them any money. 

Well the average revenue pre covid was £50,000per month                       £600, 000. p.a.  Some up to date figures woud be helpful especially as he said the success or other wise would be looked at after 6 months.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, StCatherine said:

Have you asked him ? 

tim.glover@gov.im 

No not directly as one would have expected an announcement by now if he meant what was reported in the local press mid May. 

MHK optimistic for cashless system

"An MHK in the Department of Infrastructure says he thinks it will be apparent halfway through a planned six-month trial period as to whether an airport carpark app will work'

So he was expecting to know after 3 months {ie mid August} half way through the 6 months trial. 

You would now expect detailed results to be published letting the electorate know the results of the trial. Not one word has been mentioned. Another wonderful DOI project. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, emesde said:

No not directly as one would have expected an announcement by now if he meant what was reported in the local press mid May. 

MHK optimistic for cashless system

"An MHK in the Department of Infrastructure says he thinks it will be apparent halfway through a planned six-month trial period as to whether an airport carpark app will work'

So he was expecting to know after 3 months {ie mid August} half way through the 6 months trial. 

You would now expect detailed results to be published letting the electorate know the results of the trial. Not one word has been mentioned. Another wonderful DOI project. 

They basically cocked up by not replacing the barriers with payment on exit. 
As usual DOI will never admit it. 

• Thanks 2

Loganair have cancelled IoM-Heathrow flights between 15-23 Dec. Daughter was due to fly on 23rd and offered new flight to London City - not much use when connecting to long haul. Loganair says they have lost their slot because Heathrow putting in cap of passenger numbers again. They obviously have no bargaining power. This will put lots of people out - daughter moved fast to get seats on Easyjet to Gatwick and will have to coach it to Heathrow. 

looks like Island losing out though.

5 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

Loganair have cancelled IoM-Heathrow flights between 15-23 Dec. Daughter was due to fly on 23rd and offered new flight to London City - not much use when connecting to long haul. Loganair says they have lost their slot because Heathrow putting in cap of passenger numbers again. They obviously have no bargaining power. This will put lots of people out - daughter moved fast to get seats on Easyjet to Gatwick and will have to coach it to Heathrow. 

Odd, London City to Heathrow is easy on the Underground.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

If Heathrow have put a cap on numbers you'd expect it to be all over the news and have an impact on BA. So for now, I'm calling bullshit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

If Heathrow have put a cap on numbers you'd expect it to be all over the news and have an impact on BA. So for now, I'm calling bullshit

I'd call bullshit on the excuse maybe, one way to avoid compo payments.

Let's not forget, these aren't Loganair's slots either technically, they're BA's.

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

I have the email from Loganair cancelling my daughter’s flight and they have no flights available online for that period. But yes, Heathrow maywell be playing silly buggers