Airport.

Billy kettlefish

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They did have a cap, but lifted it in October and announced last month that there wouldn't be a cap over Christmas.

It’s extremely inconvenient for those who have booked through Heathrow and very short notice as well . However whats odd is that the same flight is still operating into London City in other words they have not used it as an opportunity to cancel the schedule . 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snowman said:

If Heathrow have put a cap on numbers you'd expect it to be all over the news and have an impact on BA. So for now, I'm calling bullshit

It's such an easy thing to check with Heathrow that I'd be surprised if it was complete bullshit, but Loganair do have form for trying to blame others for their operational decisions. They did it to me in January, cancelling my flights to Scotlanc because of "Covid restrictions" to try and avoid UK/EU261.

As Heathrow is easily reachable from City in about an hour, I'm not sure UK/EU261 would even apply.

I can well imagine they have lost their slot though.

Edited by Ringy Rose

25 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It's such an easy thing to check with Heathrow that I'd be surprised if it was complete bullshit, but Loganair do have form for trying to blame others for their operational decisions. They did it to me in January, cancelling my flights to Scotlanc because of "Covid restrictions" to try and avoid UK/EU261.

As Heathrow is easily reachable from City in about an hour, I'm not sure UK/EU261 would even apply.

I can well imagine they have lost their slot though.

The ground handlers are on strike so they're reducing the number of flights. Now the border force staff are striking. I was due to fly through on the 20th but I'm just going to cancel my trip.

ETA not sure what 'bargaining power' people expect loganair to have. They have about 3 flights a day into Heathrow with by far the smallest aircraft that operates there. 

They're not going to cancel an Emirates A380 full of passengers to make room for the crappy ATR72 😂

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The ground handlers are on strike so they're reducing the number of flights. Now the border force staff are striking. I was due to fly through on the 20th but I'm just going to cancel my trip.

ETA not sure what 'bargaining power' people expect loganair to have. They have about 3 flights a day into Heathrow with by far the smallest aircraft that operates there. 

They're not going to cancel an Emirates A380 full of passengers to make room for the crappy ATR72 😂

The clue is in the fact they have retained the flight times but switched it to London City ! I have had my issues with Loganair throughout the year and experienced poor service several times but I just don’t get the extreme loathing of them by some . Yes they could be better at times but I would like to understand what the other options are for the island other than hand it over to EasyJet and see a big reduction in frequency. But maybe I am missing something? 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, IOM said:

The clue is in the fact they have retained the flight times but switched it to London City ! I have had my issues with Loganair throughout the year and experienced poor service several times but I just don’t get the extreme loathing of them by some . Yes they could be better at times but I would like to understand what the other options are for the island other than hand it over to EasyJet and see a big reduction in frequency. But maybe I am missing something? 

I'm indifferent towards them. 

I think the loathing is due to the undisclosed amount of taxpayer's money that Lognanair are being given. But as you point out there's not exactly a wealth of airlines knocking at our door wanting to service the island. 

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I'm indifferent towards them. 

I think the loathing is due to the undisclosed amount of taxpayer's money that Lognanair are being given. But as you point out there's not exactly a wealth of airlines knocking at our door wanting to service the island. 

Indeed . Might also be worth comparing with how much the taxpayer pays Aurigny to run their own airline in Guernsey! 

16 minutes ago, IOM said:

Indeed . Might also be worth comparing with how much the taxpayer pays Aurigny to run their own airline in Guernsey! 

IOM Government trying to establish and run an airline is the stuff of nightmares. 

We would end up with a financial disaster or an aircrash disaster...  possibly both. 

• Like 1