Airport.

Billy kettlefish

20 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I miss the old website with it's basic FIDS and stock images. 

Talk about usability. If you access the website on a mobile device this morning you are presented with a nice big box over the flight data that you can't acknowledge or get rid of.

Screenshot_20221212_075638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1591a50dda89c700bb67d1f5b3931bde.jpg

You can just about scroll around it but it doesn't make for nice viewing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Talk about usability. If you access the website on a mobile device this morning you are presented with a nice big box over the flight data that you can't acknowledge or get rid of.

Screenshot_20221212_075638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1591a50dda89c700bb67d1f5b3931bde.jpg

This is the sort of thing that creates the impression that the whole airport is being run by a bunch of GCSE students on a Work Experience jolly. Any hopes Cobb would focus on making sure the really simple things were done well, remains a pipe dream.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Reiterate my statement the man is incompetent, as is the board/his friend who gave him the job. Or he just had the shiniest nose and biggest boots. But if I wanted someone to shovel bullshit he's my man  

I'm told there is brewing conflict between Cobb, the CS and service users. Perhaps if he were to try and solve problems rather than create more he might do better !

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

You can still see the flights etc but agree that its too big without a button to close it .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I'm told there is brewing conflict between Cobb, the CS and service users. Perhaps if he were to try and solve problems rather than create more he might do better !

People can't have it both ways.  They can't spend half the time demanding that "Something must be done!" and the other half complaining because someone is trying to do something.  If Cobb is implementing any sort of reform, especially one that saves money, he's almost certainly going to clash with some in the civil service and some service users as well.  The question of who is right will depend on the particular details.

The real worry is that they appear to be going ahead with this attempt to corporatise the Airport, so more of Alf's pals can have seats on Boards and everyone gets pay rises.  Which also means that they will spend their time with yet more reorganisation rather than actually fixing things.