Airport.

Billy kettlefish

13 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Why are we always so arsed about fixing things for 'visitors', how about fixing shit up for the residents first, the ones who fund all of it, then worry about visitors later.

But aren’t the needs of each group fundamentally the same?

Flights arriving and departing contain visitors and  residents alike so the surrounding infrastructure needs to cater for both.

For example both need the cafe to have food available to purchase. Or would you ration it to residents only?

• Like 1

Any resident would not go near the cafe.

1) who wants to eat there when your house is less than 20 miles away. 

2) Who would want to pay £15 for a meal when in 40 minutes you are in a major city, with an enormous choice at reasonable price.

3) If I can not  control my hunger will go for the exorbitant priced cheese and portobello mushroom with an overpriced coffee air side. I for one do not arrive 5 hours before my flight no matter what the missus(and better half says) before me 25 minute jaunt in the silver budgie.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Any resident would not go near the cafe.

1) who wants to eat there when your house is less than 20 miles away. 

2) Who would want to pay £15 for a meal when in 40 minutes you are in a major city, with an enormous choice at reasonable price.

3) If I can not  control my hunger will go for the exorbitant priced cheese and portobello mushroom with an overpriced coffee air side. I for one do not arrive 5 hours before my flight no matter what the missus(and better half says) before me 25 minute jaunt in the silver budgie.

All agreed except that plenty of residents do use the cafe. I’ve seen them doing it. Like you I don’t know why

Airport update: the airport will remain closed until further notice.
Why: Showers overnight turning to ice
When: it is expected to take a number of hours to clear all areas enough to make the airport safe.
gPlease check the website for further information.

2 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Airport closed - would we notice?

Mutters under breath ‘WTF, they can’t organise a piss up in a brewery’.

Or … more politely … it’s an airport, shouldn’t they be equiped to deal with winter conditions. And yes, I have someone due to fly in today …

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Is it really that icy?

Good job Jezza ain't here, this would be the business case for the new heated runway coming out.

10 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Absolute shambles. 8.00am EasyJet due to go according to rumour at 5.00pm. It’s not even that icy compared to other recent days 

Chris Thomas on Manx Radio right now saying there is no chance of getting the, newer, scanners at the airport. Unless the Manx public want them. D’uh. Silliest excuse ever for planning an upgrade which is coming to all airports in next year. 

Edited by Cinderella
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cinderella said:

Mutters under breath ‘WTF, they can’t organise a piss up in a brewery’.

Or … more politely … it’s an airport, shouldn’t they be equiped to deal with winter conditions. And yes, I have someone due to fly in today …

Maybe they didn't see the weather forecast that they send out.

• Haha 1