Airport.

Billy kettlefish

51 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Waited 45 mins last night for bags to come off from Loganair LPL flight.

They lost my wife's bag last week.  She had one of those Apple Tags in it luckily, so we could watch it sitting in the corner of Terminal 3 in Manchester for 4 days without moving. 

Obviously chasing them for an update was impossible.  Ronaldsway couldn't do anything after the initial report other than just giving us an automated email address.  We could tell them EXACTLY where the bag was.

2 hours ago, Cinderella said:

Chris Thomas on Manx Radio right now saying there is no chance of getting the, newer, scanners at the airport. Unless the Manx public want them. D’uh. Silliest excuse ever for planning an upgrade which is coming to all airports in next year. 

Why do I think of Frank Spencer every time I hear Chris Thomas on the radio?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why do I think of Frank Spencer every time I hear Chris Thomas on the radio?

I don’t know whose reputation Minister Thomas is trying to rescue, his department or his own as a Minister. He isn’t the Messiah like his pretending to be, and the DOI will always be useless, mainly due to its organisation structure. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 8:22 AM, swoopy2110 said:

Talk about usability. If you access the website on a mobile device this morning you are presented with a nice big box over the flight data that you can't acknowledge or get rid of.

Screenshot_20221212_075638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1591a50dda89c700bb67d1f5b3931bde.jpg

You can just about scroll around it but it doesn't make for nice viewing.

Mentioned on Monday ;)

Second thing I've reported to them now. Can't believe this lot call themselves website developers. Basic testing would've highlighted this.

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Mentioned on Monday ;)

Second thing I've reported to them now. Can't believe this lot call themselves website developers. Basic testing would've highlighted this.

These are basic design and platform issues. There is no excuse these days for sites not to render properly on mobile devices - its web design 101. 

Or maybe the driving design principal was to have space for ads - not for key info. Another good reason why public service websites should have no ads or commercial interests. It always ends up wagging the tail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Often see a lot of negativity on this thread, however the link below shows Loganair actually learning from mistakes, finding a solution and changing.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/loganair-sorry-for-not-helping-583280

Starts off pretty poorly, but with actual communication and working together seems a solution was found and lessons learnt. 

• Like 1