Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 minutes ago, Manxweegie said:

Often see a lot of negativity on this thread, however the link below shows Loganair actually learning from mistakes, finding a solution and changing.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/loganair-sorry-for-not-helping-583280

Starts off pretty poorly, but with actual communication and working together seems a solution was found and lessons learnt. 

Always good to see any business learn from its mistakes and admit they made one in the first place.

• Like 1

The woman complained twice and received no reply. Loganair didn't give a shit until she went to the press. I wouldn't call this learning from their mistakes in the slightest. It's simply an attempt to prevent the bad press.

Edited by snowman
Spelling
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

The woman complained twice and received no reply. Loganair didn't give a shit until she went to the press. I wouldn't call this learning form their mistakes in the slightest. It's simply an attempt to prevent the bed press.

Oh I agree entirely. But I daren't be first to say it, else @IOMwill be along quickly accusing me of being a Loganair basher.

12 minutes ago, snowman said:

The woman complained twice and received no reply. Loganair didn't give a shit until she went to the press. I wouldn't call this learning form their mistakes in the slightest. It's simply an attempt to prevent the bed press.

Maybe only thanks to the Press it reached the right people who therefore come immediately act?

Yes agree it shouldn't reach that stage, but at least once it did it was acted upon and reach a happy outcome and lessons learned that can in future prevent it happening again. 

Edited by Manxweegie
Spelling.

What gets me when reading the newspaper piece is that Loganair must have had such procedures in place already.  All sorts of travellers need assistance without the use of a wheelchair - someone who is blind would have required fairly similar levels of support, especially if unfamiliar with particular airports.  So this isn't really the airline learning anything, just individuals who have forgotten.

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Oh I agree entirely. But I daren't be first to say it, else @IOMwill be along quickly accusing me of being a Loganair basher.

Actually from a personal perspective in this instance I would have expected Loganair to get this right in the first place so maybe it’s me bashing them now! For the record ( yet again )  I have no allegiance to Loganair per se I just think we have to be pragmatic and recognise there are not many other credible airlines to work with . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Actually from a personal perspective in this instance I would have expected Loganair to get this right in the first place so maybe it’s me bashing them now! For the record ( yet again )  I have no allegiance to Loganair per se I just think we have to be pragmatic and recognise there are not many other credible airlines to work with . 

Thomas has been a waste of skin since he first made it into the hallowed halls of the magic MHK kindom. Name one thing he has promised to do that has come to fruition, all he is fit for is spewing rhetoric and in as many obtuse ways possible. Why use two words when 1500 will suffice, the only good him being an accountant has done is where can i stash the cash I have earned being in higher office( earned being beyond the pale) for the most interest and least tax.

Thought he might have made a differance but like Cannan just a disappointment, what a bunch of(pardon my Irish) feckin clowns.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Thomas has been a waste of skin since he first made it into the hallowed halls of the magic MHK kindom. Name one thing he has promised to do that has come to fruition, all he is fit for is spewing rhetoric and in as many obtuse ways possible. Why use two words when 1500 will suffice, the only good him being an accountant has done is where can i stash the cash I have earned being in higher office( earned being beyond the pale) for the most interest and least tax.

Thought he might have made a differance but like Cannan just a disappointment, what a bunch of(pardon my Irish) feckin clowns.

He solved the housing crisis. 

• Haha 4