Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2021/02/23/letters-evidence-fails-to-stand-up-to-scrutiny/

Easy to see how the new director got the job, economical with the truth and an expert at milking taxpayers cash, a shoe in for the IOM. No wonder none of the local talent didn't get a look in.

Why do we keep getting it so wrong with key appointments?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, asitis said:

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2021/02/23/letters-evidence-fails-to-stand-up-to-scrutiny/

Easy to see how the new director got the job, economical with the truth and an expert at milking taxpayers cash, a shoe in for the IOM. No wonder none of the local talent didn't get a look in.

When you think about it the only explanation for the repeated failures in Government recruitment (and procurement) is a kind of Dunning–Kruger effect. 

Government don't know enough about running an airport to realise that they know nothing about recruiting an airport director or similar. The same with running a bus network. It's the same across the board. 

The ironic thing is that, should they choose to listen to local expertise and experience then they would avoid a lot of these expensive recruitment mistakes. There were certainly local candidates who were turned down for the airport job who could probably run it better. 

The warning signs were there with the latest incumbent when he started talking about 'what kind of airport do we want' in his interview with Paul Moulton and Chris Thomas. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The warning signs were there with the latest incumbent when he started talking about 'what kind of airport do we want' in his interview with Paul Moulton and Chris Thomas. 

.... and continued bullshit when he showed a complete lack of understanding between landing and take off minima !

A local candidate had his final interview after it was let slip Cobb had the job in Tynwald ! The locals were interviewed imo as the required course of job awarding not with any serious intention of giving them the job ! Bit like the three estimates malarkey !.

Time will tell but this is perhaps another one they have got dreadfully wrong !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These people are selected on the basis of their traits fitting in with those of their selectors. Those are the primary criteria.

How many times now have we seen massive (expensive, to say nothing of embarrassing) fails in HR processes?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, 0bserver said:

When you think about it the only explanation for the repeated failures in Government recruitment (and procurement) is a kind of Dunning–Kruger effect. 

Government don't know enough about running an airport to realise that they know nothing about recruiting an airport director or similar. The same with running a bus network. It's the same across the board. 

The ironic thing is that, should they choose to listen to local expertise and experience then they would avoid a lot of these expensive recruitment mistakes. There were certainly local candidates who were turned down for the airport job who could probably run it better. 

Couldn’t agree more.

• Like 4

How can the experianced and highly intellectual people of the HR department be such utter useless pricks.

Is there no due diligence when these people put in their applications, when ordenary people can just go online and up pops an investigation into the ineptitude of the candidate why can't they. No special quality's needed to find this but they failed, or is it oh met him once at a conference showed me the funniest utube video I've ever seen had a few vodkas and red bull . Guy seems great, we don't want some local who might upset the apple cart with his own ideas. We can brief him about the right path we wish to follow, we'l sweeten the pot by throwing in a house. All in my imagination or am I close to the truth. In any case they should face concequecise because the incompetence they have shown will cost us dear. Again dismissal and stripped of the pension. We cant do that, yes we can the change the law  write it into any new starters contract if you are found to have been grossly negligent or incompetent with your choices out you go, the rewards are great but if you fuck up so are the consequences.   

• Like 6

Loganair have surpassed themselves today. Last week they cancelled all Heathrow flights (on a suspicious basis). They moved people to London City instead. 
This morning’s LCY - cancelled. 
My daughter (connecting to an Australia flight) cashed in her Loganair luckily and bought Easyjet to Gatwick. Then got late email last night saying they were using smaller plane today and would they like to be bumped for 500 euros! She declined but I wonder how many were left behind.

So three days before Xmas and 2 out of 3 London flights not run. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Cinderella said:

Loganair have surpassed themselves today. Last week they cancelled all Heathrow flights (on a suspicious basis). They moved people to London City instead. 
This morning’s LCY - cancelled. 
My daughter (connecting to an Australia flight) cashed in her Loganair luckily and bought Easyjet to Gatwick. Then got late email last night saying they were using smaller plane today and would they like to be bumped for 500 euros! She declined but I wonder how many were left behind.

So three days before Xmas and 2 out of 3 London flights not run. Sigh.

Well it’s not good that the Loganair London city flight was cancelled this morning I agree . However I am not sure how you can blame Loganair for EasyJet using a smaller plane unless I have missed something! However I think the sentiment of your post is that London is an important market to get right and both operators could do better . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

We’re picking up this evening from the airport and the incoming Logan Air MCR flight is delayed. Nothing is open.  No chance of a cuppa for the people milling about waiting for their peoples. 

Well anyone with common sense checks if there’s delays/estimated time of arrival etc & gets to airport at correct times not earlier!

9 minutes ago, HappyDay22 said:

Loganair lost luggage from Saturday from Manchester! 

no contact information for Menzies manchester. Been told about 4 different dates and been told no luggage come from manchetser for 2 weeks due to staffing issues.

Menzies throughout the UK are due on strike any time, can't quire remember when but its imminent.