Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 12/22/2022 at 9:18 PM, doc.fixit said:

Just picking up from Gatwick flight saw bus wait a couple of minutes only. Glad I wasn't a visitor relying on yhe bus service.

The buses operate to a timetable. They can’t know exactly when a plane will arrive, how long it’ll take to deplane, take the bags to the reclaim hall, or for the passengers to exit.

Anyway, there would be another one, every twenty minutes.

• Like 6

On 12/22/2022 at 8:57 PM, HappyDay22 said:

Loganair lost luggage from Saturday from Manchester! 

no contact information for Menzies manchester. Been told about 4 different dates and been told no luggage come from manchetser for 2 weeks due to staffing issues.

A little unfair to label lost luggage as Loganair, Menzies will be the culprit !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

A rare 'interesting' post on Faceache today. 

Is there a danger here that aircraft aren't being de/anti-iced properly? 

I'm sure everything at IOM will be done 'to the letter' but it sounds worrying.

Screenshot_20221227-220554_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221227-220611_Facebook.jpg

It seems like a lot of BS. That happened on 22nd when the temperature at Ronaldsway was 9 degrees, so the de-icer wouldn’t have been out. 

I stand to be corrected on this by one of our pilot members, but de-icing is to remove the risk of ice from the wings for takeoff. Once the plane is at 15000 feet, as that one was, it much, much colder than 0 degrees outside, and on the skin of the aircraft.

As I said, the story smells of BS.

51 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It seems like a lot of BS. That happened on 22nd when the temperature at Ronaldsway was 9 degrees, so the de-icer wouldn’t have been out. 

I stand to be corrected on this by one of our pilot members, but de-icing is to remove the risk of ice from the wings for takeoff. Once the plane is at 15000 feet, as that one was, it much, much colder than 0 degrees outside, and on the skin of the aircraft.

As I said, the story smells of BS.

Aircraft - including the ATR I believe - have anti-icing functions. It may have been a simple technical problem with the aircraft that this wasn't functioning properly or a false warning was prompted in the cockpit for icing.

Either or not the responsibility of Ronaldsway and potentially unavoidable/unpredictable for the commanders.

On 12/24/2022 at 7:53 AM, asitis said:

A little unfair to label lost luggage as Loganair, Menzies will be the culprit !

Not really. My contract is with LoganAir. Who they subcontract Check-In and baggage handling is their responsibility.

It’s the airline that’s responsible for any compensation.

With barcoded luggage tags it’s a rare thing. But both airline and handlers should be much more proactive when it does happen. Communication needs to be improved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Not really. My contract is with LoganAir. Who they subcontract Check-In and baggage handling is their responsibility.

It’s the airline that’s responsible for any compensation.

With barcoded luggage tags it’s a rare thing. But both airline and handlers should be much more proactive when it does happen. Communication needs to be improved.

Oh I agree with your comments re legal liabilities etc, but from the guys sitting up front in the aircraft waiting for Menzies to load the luggage , the Loganair aircraft and crew have nothing whatsoever to do with the luggage. Menzies are generally a shambles at the moment I'm told due to lack of staff !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asitis said:

Oh I agree with your comments re legal liabilities etc, but from the guys sitting up front in the aircraft waiting for Menzies to load the luggage , the Loganair aircraft and crew have nothing whatsoever to do with the luggage. Menzies are generally a shambles at the moment I'm told due to lack of staff !

But, realistically it’s only the airline that can hold the handler to account.

When I have issues, nowadays mainly about PRM issues, the airport, handlers, airline always pass off responsibility to each other. That’s the issue. No one takes responsibility.

• Like 3