Airport.

Billy kettlefish

20 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Aircraft - including the ATR I believe - have anti-icing functions. It may have been a simple technical problem with the aircraft that this wasn't functioning properly or a false warning was prompted in the cockpit for icing.

Given the ATR72's history of crashes due to icing issues, this is likely to be the reason.

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Not really. My contract is with LoganAir. Who they subcontract Check-In and baggage handling is their responsibility.

It’s the airline that’s responsible for any compensation.

With barcoded luggage tags it’s a rare thing. But both airline and handlers should be much more proactive when it does happen. Communication needs to be improved.

It's not that rare coming out of Manchester. It's less of a shitshow than it was in the summer, but it's still a shitshow.

As for Menzies on the island, they're as helpful as they can be. It happened to me in the summer. After my bag's two week holiday in Ringway in May, they had it sent on to me in a taxi when it finally arrived.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Given the ATR72's history of crashes due to icing issues, this is likely to be the reason.

It's not that rare coming out of Manchester. It's less of a shitshow than it was in the summer, but it's still a shitshow.

As for Menzies on the island, they're as helpful as they can be. It happened to me in the summer. After my bag's two week holiday in Ringway in May, they had it sent on to me in a taxi when it finally arrived.

As far as I know they operate the lounge at the airport ..And I have not seen it open even once in the last few months .

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

Airport website currently shows.

London Heathrow LM676 16:00 Diverted 

IMG_20221231_154011.thumb.jpg.8d39b962d1296371a6ea9fd9a37e1ccb.jpg

It hasn't 

It's enroute but who is to say it isn't diverting?

I mean, I totally believe the airport website is tripe and lying, don't get me wrong.

Edited by NoTailT

16 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's enroute but who is to say it isn't diverting?

I mean, I totally believe the airport website is tripe and lying, don't get me wrong.

A bit of research seems to indicate it's diverting into Liverpool to pick up passengers to operate delayed LM684. Loganair website shows an arrival in Liverpool from London 

IMG_20221231_160053.jpg

Edited by snowman

1 minute ago, snowman said:

A bit of research seems to indicate it's diverting into Liverpool to pick up passengers to operate delayed LM684. 

Ah the joys of no spare aircraft or crews.

At least they're making the effort to get people where they need to be for new years.

Ball of fun mixing two loads on to one aircraft. People moaning 'but I paid for my seat!'.

Also shows how poor Loganairs loads are at what should be a prime travel day.

Edited by NoTailT

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Ah the joys of no spare aircraft or crews.

At least they're making the effort to get people where they need to be for new years.

However it does indicate that one, other, or both, were low capacity and uneconomic to operate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1