Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, genericUserName said:

NYE is less and less of a thing everywhere. Normals today do not drink like the older generation did.

Yes you are quite right. As one of the older generation I would take no pleasure now  in standing in a crowded bar, shielding my pint so no one would knock into it and spill it. I used to enjoy it though ( not the shielding pint thing but the atmosphere) on a normal Friday night decades ago.

What happened?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes you are quite right. As one of the older generation I would take no pleasure now  in standing in a crowded bar, shielding my pint so no one would knock into it and spill it. I used to enjoy it though ( not the shielding pint thing but the atmosphere) on a normal Friday night decades ago.

What happened?

H&B got greedy!

• Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well no it wasn’t just a cost issue. Maybe more a change in social habit.

I really did enjoy my Friday nights after work drinking from 5 pm until way into the small hours. 
Can’t think of anything worse these days.

But we did have fun

Didn't we just.

• Like 1

Enjoyed Loganair's flights to & from Manchester last week, chosen because they actually employ IOM residents. Excellent service. Very pleasant and helpful crew. I'll certainly be booking Loganair again.

No problems whatsoever with Menzies. Baggage offloaded within 10 mins of landing.

• Like 4

G-LMTD departed twice this morning operating LM693 and both times returned to IOM.

It departed for Manchester as LM693 on time at 09.30 and had to turn back landing at 10.00. It then departed again at 10.55 and has had to return again landing at 11.20.

Edited by snowman

Just flew IoM to Gatwick. Note to Menzies - if someone is getting assisted boarding and in a wheelchair, it is really silly to not take them out to plane a few minutes before the masses. Instead it was like a starters gun - resulting in all of us standing on tarmac because the passenger needed a couple of free minutes to get up steps and loaded. Stressful for them (I travel with my 92 year old mum so have experienced this). Commonsense actually means flight boards just as fast but with more courtesy 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cinderella said:

Just flew IoM to Gatwick. Note to Menzies - if someone is getting assisted boarding and in a wheelchair, it is really silly to not take them out to plane a few minutes before the masses. Instead it was like a starters gun - resulting in all of us standing on tarmac because the passenger needed a couple of free minutes to get up steps and loaded. Stressful for them (I travel with my 92 year old mum so have experienced this). Commonsense actually means flight boards just as fast but with more courtesy 

It is normal practice at Ronaldsway, and most other places, for PRMs (passengers of reduced mobility) to board first for the exact reasons you describe. I always tried to get the boarding staff to send the rest of the passengers so they would arrive at the aircraft just as the PRM was seated and the staff assisting them were off the aircraft. This sounds to me like a bit of an unintentional  cock up in the boarding sequence to me.

Best speak to Menzies about it rather than address them through MF. 821600 for the airport switchboard and they'll put you through to the Menzies Duty Manager.