Airport.

Billy kettlefish

20 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

New level of stupidity at the airport. My mum was able to stand up from wheelchair and walk through the scanner - just like everyone else. We were using airport wheelchair, but no, they also then insisted on a full frisk search of a 93 year old too. To say I was angry is an understatement- she went through the scanner! What did they think they would find? Why is she subject to higher scrutiny that me or any other passenger. 

93 year old is great cover for smuggling. They'd never search anyone of that age.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, Cinderella said:

Obviously lots of immobile 93 year old people up to no good. 

In the USA, the TSA treats older passengers with more respect. 

"Passengers 75 and older can receive some form of expedited screening through risk-based intelligence-driven security that allows TSA to better focus resources on passengers who more likely pose a risk.

You may leave on your shoes and light jacket during screening.

If you alarm during security screening, you may be required to remove your shoes for further screening or undergo a pat-down. You can request to be seated during this portion of the screening."

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures/screening-passengers-75-and-older

"Risk-based intelligence-driven security"...can you imagine that at Ronaldsway 

• Haha 2

A plane full of gaming execs and IOM business people and the captain comes on and says we are delayed for takeoff because Ronaldsway is short staffed and they can’t load our bags any quicker because another flight just arrived. Not really a good impression and not really any improvement to previous experiences. The place keeps disappointing. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

Not really a good impression and not really any improvement to previous experiences. The place keeps disappointing. 

Although I agree, the place is run by an incompetent joke of a man, I do think easyJet schedule their arrivals close together to cut down staffing costs. The reasons here are maybe not located in just one place.

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

A plane full of gaming execs and IOM business people and the captain comes on and says we are delayed for takeoff because Ronaldsway is short staffed and they can’t load our bags any quicker because another flight just arrived. Not really a good impression and not really any improvement to previous experiences. The place keeps disappointing. 

image.jpg

Well everywhere is short staffed except DBC & other local authorities! With Menzies paying shit wages for shit hours it’s not likely to improve unless DOI takes it back in house at massive expense like previously 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, asitis said:

Although I agree, the place is run by an incompetent joke of a man, I do think easyJet schedule their arrivals close together to cut down staffing costs. The reasons here are maybe not located in just one place.

Low cost airlines do this everywhere.

Go look at Tenerife on FR24. Jet2, Tui, Ryanair, EasyJet. All of their flights from various UK destinations arrive in a wave to streamline ground ops and reduce costs.

Can't blame the airlines. The airport and handlers know what flights are coming and going.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

image.jpg

are you surprised ?? of course you're not , you live on shit show central after all.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Maybe we need to pay baggage handlers more and gaming execs less them.  Market forces and all that.  Business people are always very keen on market forces, so I'm sure they won't complain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

image.jpg

will land on time though 🙂

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

image.jpg

Twenty five minutes? Oh my god, oh my god! 

I'm sure that was made up largely, delays such as this are commonplace throughout the airline industry, I'm sure you know this?