Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Twenty five minutes? Oh my god, oh my god! 

I'm sure that was made up largely, delays such as this are commonplace throughout the airline industry, I'm sure you know this?

Why would you say this is ok? It’s just the latest in a long line of issues with this airport. 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

A plane full of gaming execs and IOM business people and the captain comes on and says we are delayed for takeoff because Ronaldsway is short staffed and they can’t load our bags any quicker because another flight just arrived. Not really a good impression and not really any improvement to previous experiences. The place keeps disappointing. 

image.jpg

Not just any members of the public, but business people and gaming execs. So it's even worse than a whole 25 minute delay that impacts manual labourers and holidaymakers for example. 

You're not the most self-aware, are you? 

Edited by Chef Raekwon
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Not just any members of the public, but business people and gaming execs. So it's even worse than a whole 25 minute delay that impacts manual labourers and holidaymakers for example. 

You're not the most self-aware, are you? 

We're tying to sell this place as a credible business destination and can't even load or unload bags from planes efficiently. How does that help to give us confidence when we spend the week at ICE trying to sell the place? That was my point. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

We're tying to sell this place as a credible business destination and can't even load or unload bags from planes efficiently. How does that help to give us confidence when we spend the week at ICE trying to sell the place? That was my point. 

Genuine question: you're at ICE with MannBenham. Other firms no doubt there too e.g. Affinity, Suntera, Domicillium.

How many of them are there to sell the Island as a place to live? The whole CSP structure is designed to keep headcount requirements down, as you know, though many new operators are ditching the CSP and creating jobs.

I'm curious as to the benefits of actually going to ICE other than new licence revenue and boosting revenue for CSPs.

Even at a stretch its spaffing money to boost jobs in addition to revenue. But we have a people shortage. I think we need to really prioritise where we keep spaffing money away.

If you're in the gaming Biz you know to consider the Isle of Man for your licence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Does he have anything to do with Menzies contract or what they pay staff ? Doubtful, the same with Airport firemen & Costa coffee 

If he is in the top job he is accountable, no matter who has been awarded responsibility !

Another not my fault Guv man !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I think you have to take things in context, how many delays do we suffer during a normal month? Yes it's unfortunate that the gaming execs had 25mins stolen from them, but is it a regular occurrence and a cause for concern in the grand scheme of things?

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think you have to take things in context, how many delays do we suffer during a normal month? Yes it's unfortunate that the gaming execs had 25mins stolen from them, but is it a regular occurrence and a cause for concern in the grand scheme of things?

It seems to happen quite a lot and there's clearly a staffing issue. Last time I passed through it took an hour to get the bags. Others have told stories of similar experiences. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, asitis said:

If he is in the top job he is accountable, no matter who has been awarded responsibility !

How is he accountable for what Menzies it Costa pay their staff? There’s a reason baggage handling was privatized as the staff we’re getting massive wages to sit around most of the day !!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

How is he accountable for what Menzies it Costa pay their staff? There’s a reason baggage handling was privatized as the staff we’re getting massive wages to sit around most of the day !!

He is accountable to ensure Menzies provide a service no doubt agreed with the airport when they were awarded the contract. As sure as hell the service standards expected are better than being provided, unless of course Reynolds made a horlicks of the contract ! If they are not providing the service then hold them to the fire, how they provide that service and what they pay, is down to them. Too many sloping shoulders in all aspects of our public services are costing us the taxpayers millions !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Except he's not accountable because it was all privatised. Costa is run by an off-island franchisee. The rest- baggage, security, check-in, the lounge- is all run by Menzies.

Baggage and check in are, IIRC, contracted by the airline and not the airport.

Private sector efficiency innit.

Edited by Ringy Rose

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

Except he's not accountable because it was all privatised. Costa is run by an off-island franchisee. The rest- baggage, security, check-in, the lounge- is all run by Menzies.

Baggage and check in are, IIRC, contracted by the airline and not the airport.

Private sector efficiency innit.

Seems to me then we are paying an awful lot of money for some useless tosser to sit around in a non job !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1