Airport.

Billy kettlefish

56 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Anyone heard of a problem today at the airport ?    A report on facebook has just said planes are having a problem landing, a couple turned away.   Could be a load of rubbish, nothing on M R. but this was on the Isle of Man forum with pictures of the tracking of the planes.   The first plane allegedly overshot the runway and was the EasyJet from Liverpool.   

Flight arrivals show all have landed except LGW which was diverted

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The actual number, 150 or 186, is irrelevant. Its the principle. In fact fares between now and end December range from £25 to £229 single. 75% of days its below £60. The high fares are peak demand days, weekends and run up to Xmas and New Year

Easy are only flying the A320 here because it fits in with the rest of that aircraft's rotations on any day.

Nothing to stop Logan or Eastern, or anyone else flying to City or LHR or LGW if they think there is the traffic. I agree we need an early and late rotation. But the fact they aren't, and there was a statement from Logan saying they were stopping because there was no more subsidy, should tell you something.

I'm missing nothing. Neither is my analysis.

Its good to blame Ann, and I agree she was useless. But the mess is BA pulling out, Flybe going bust ( even with the PT contract) and Covid.

Flying is not back to normal yet. It'll take time. Meanwhile IoM has to decide whether to go for subsidy or public service grants for some routes.

Have you compared fares on the Logan network for the days Easy charges a fortune? They're  higher, and I thought that was impossible!

Sorry but I just don't agree with your analysis. The number is not irrelevant you may be right it suits Easyjet better from an operational perspective but everytime I have been on it ( 186 seats) it is full and to me that spells high demand ! You qoute fares of circa £60 these do not include a bag of anything but very small so by the time you have added bags for travel even of one night in its a lot higher.  Also Loganair pulled out of LHR because the landing fees are exorbitant there are other London alternatives I am just not convinced they have been explored properly by the airport or IOMG. And no I dont spend all my time comparing Loganair flights the only route I fly is IOM to London and right now I have no choice! 

28 minutes ago, IOM said:

Sorry but I just don't agree with your analysis. The number is not irrelevant you may be right it suits Easyjet better from an operational perspective but everytime I have been on it ( 186 seats) it is full and to me that spells high demand ! You qoute fares of circa £60 these do not include a bag of anything but very small so by the time you have added bags for travel even of one night in its a lot higher.  Also Loganair pulled out of LHR because the landing fees are exorbitant there are other London alternatives I am just not convinced they have been explored properly by the airport or IOMG. And no I dont spend all my time comparing Loganair flights the only route I fly is IOM to London and right now I have no choice! 

There’s nothing to stop Logan offering an LCY rotation. Not sure anywhere else is worthwhile.

I have my easyJet card. Free seats allocation, 10kg cabin bag ( plus the saddle bag on my chair takes another few ). You can get the annual cost back in two returns.

I did fly into and out of Stansted recently. Impressed about how chair friendly and accessible it is, even down to the train to Liverpool Street. But even after senior and disabled rail cards it was £40 each return. Plus it’s an hour to Liverpool Street.

The train was just, marginally, less than the flight.

My flight was Ryanair from/to Reus. Flew into London with 30 pax. 

Subsequently did BCN-SOF-BCN for €60. Flights were full.

29 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Correction, it looks like the ILS is also out of use? 

EGNS P1018/21 ILS RWY 26 U/S DUE MAINTENANCE 06 NOV 06:00 UNTIL
    14 NOV 20:45 

It's a great time of year to close the cross runway, and service the ILS on the main runway ! If this was planned in both cases, maybe they should have consulted with someone who knows something about aviation !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

It's a great time of year to close the cross runway, and service the ILS on the main runway ! If this was planned in both cases, maybe they should have consulted with someone who knows something about aviation !!

Too busy swanning around London Heathrow. 

Edited by James Blonde
  • Haha 3