Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Another day of disruption ahead, so due to the delays a Luton based aircraft is operating the Liverpool service and a Gatwick based aircraft is operating both Manchester and Gatwick this afternoon 

I can imagine EasyJet are not very impressed with the situation at the airport right now it must be very difficult to juggle the schedules at their end . 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IOM said:

I can imagine EasyJet are not very impressed with the situation at the airport right now it must be very difficult to juggle the schedules at their end . 

I'm sure they operate to a lot of weather constrained airports and factor some disruption into the overall performance of the routes. Jersey, Madeira, Innsbruck are a few that come to mind.

And to be fair to them, they are looking to give it a go today, activating their 'hot spares' presumably at a time when the weather may be better.

Loganair from MAN just landed at the 3rd attempt, so maybe there is some improvement.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm right under the landing path when they come in from PSM side. I think a plane just landed, but its hard to see. It had done a few laps, but it sounded different this time. I'd not want to be a pilot.

Loganair Manchester just got in

unimpressed passengers 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/incredibly-frustrating-airport-passengers-facing-hours-of-delays/

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nellie said:

And to be fair to them, they are looking to give it a go today, activating their 'hot spares' presumably at a time when the weather may be better.

Loganair from MAN just landed at the 3rd attempt, so maybe there is some improvement.

I agree the airlines appear to be trying their best to serve the island in difficult conditions. 

• Like 3

Sat at the airport on my way to hospital, delayed of course. Still had to check in on time despite feeling totally crappy. EasyJet issue refreshment voucher, that tight Scottish airline which charges ridiculous fares, no chance!!

How much do they extort from the taxpayer to provide the patient transfer arrangements again?

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Sat at the airport on my way to hospital, delayed of course. Still had to check in on time despite feeling totally crappy. EasyJet issue refreshment voucher, that tight Scottish airline which charges ridiculous fares, no chance!!

How much do they extort from the taxpayer to provide the patient transfer arrangements again?

Only a requirement related to the amount of time your flight has been delayed:

https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-and-cancellations/delays/

6 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Actually less approach lighting than for CAT1 but some enhancements on the ground side of things.

Is it possible to upgrade IOM to Cat2?

Heard in the past it wasn’t possible due to location of transmitter  huts not having required clearance around them.  You would think it would be a definite on the “to do” list. 

Try this for a bit of light reading:

https://www.icao.int/EURNAT/EUR and NAT Documents/EUR Documents/EUR Documents/040 - European Guidance Material on Management of ILS Critical and Sensitive Areas.pdf

Then, take a back of a fag packet, come up with a cost estimate, and then multiply the amount by 10 as it will be another Parish Council project that can be fleeced by the potential vendors.

CAT2 is desirable but not essential. Unless airlines send a bill for diversion to the council, there's no incentive (on behalf of the Parish Council) to do anything; just take some flak a couple of times a year and issue some cretinous statements about wind and weather.