Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

FFS I've heard it all now. Flights mainly a duration of 1 hour or less and the pampered few can't do without water. Lordy, what have we become?

But it's not an hour though is it ?.. From the time you leave home and reach your destination you are looking  at 4 or 5 hours even for flights to  North of England 

And that's  not even accounting  for any delays due to the weather.

Many are also  on medication etc that have to be taken on time. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Just a front page. No report. Links don’t work ( for me )

Clicking on "Joint Administrator's Proposals" takes you to a pretty detailed summary of what they found, what they have achieved to date, and future steps.

To summarise, they were losing £4m to £5m a month. They owe £49m to some outfit called DLP Holdings, who can kiss goodbye to their cash. Secured creditors should be paid in full, unsecured TBA!!

An interesting footnote shows that most suppliers, such as airports, who had fingers burnt by FlyBe 1  had insisted on deposits and pre-payments. I wonder if IOM Airport ever take such prudent credit management steps, when dealing with a new airline? 

Edited by Nellie

5 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Thank you. It doesn’t really say anything I didn’t suspect.

The summary is.

Underfunded. Didn’t meet passenger and revenue projections. This was contributed to in part, but not wholly, by the continued depression in passenger figures post covid and the lack of aircraft with delivery of nearly half the fleet being delayed.

That latter point is interesting. On here, as covid raged, and airlines closed routes, or collapsed, the speculation, amid the demise of Flybe 1.0, and Stobart, was that the market would be awash. Clearly they were not available, whether because not appropriate, had been repurposed, or scrapped.

22 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I wonder if IOM Airport ever take such prudent credit management steps, when dealing with a new airline? 

Like they did with EuroManx...?

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Clicking on "Joint Administrator's Proposals" takes you to a pretty detailed summary of what they found, what they have achieved to date, and future steps.

To summarise, they were losing £4m to £5m a month. They owe £49m to some outfit called DLP Holdings, who can kiss goodbye to their cash. Secured creditors should be paid in full, unsecured TBA!!

An interesting footnote shows that most suppliers, such as airports, who had fingers burnt by FlyBe 1  had insisted on deposits and pre-payments. I wonder if IOM Airport ever take such prudent credit management steps, when dealing with a new airline? 

The DLP Holdings Loan was secured, but is partially subrogated. They’ll get about 20%. It’s the primary and secondary preferential who will get paid in full ( up to limits ). That’s wages ( up to £800 ) and holiday pay and HMRC.