Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, dreamon said:

For the second day running, EasyJet have cancelled all of their flights to/from Ronaldsway!

To be fair I don’t think it’s EasyJets problem it’s weather related and the ILS issue . That said I am glad I am flying Loganair off the island today so hopefully no cancellations or delays . Sometimes small is better ! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IOM said:

To be fair I don’t think it’s EasyJets problem it’s weather related and the ILS issue . That said I am glad I am flying Loganair off the island today so hopefully no cancellations or delays . Sometimes small is better ! 

The size of the plane is irrelevant. If you can't see and there's no appropriate aids, you don't land. This isn't Manx2

7 minutes ago, dreamon said:

For the second day running, EasyJet have cancelled all of their flights to/from Ronaldsway!

Evening LGW not cancelled (yet :) )

In fairness to them, they're not going to keep their planes circling for ages to divert back and burn thousands of pounds of fuel in the process, disrupting their whole schedule, when they've got more important places to be.

Surprised yet not surprised they’ve cancelled.

Surprised because the weather does seem good enough for ILS onto 08 for most of the day, with only a prob40 tempo (which means possible but only occasionally) for foggy conditions that would preclude a landing.

Not surprised because they’ve probably had their fill of the problems that the failure of the management here to plan properly for this ILS replacement have caused their operation, and the costs they have incurred as a business because of it.

4065EC5B-B33B-4D40-9952-7BD30BD0BEFC.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

The size of the plane is irrelevant. If you can't see and there's no appropriate aids, you don't land. This isn't Manx2

Indeed, it was as if legal minima didn’t apply to them. I recall one day when we were operating to a minima of circa 800 feet because the ILS, DME and radar were all U/S with the cloud solid overcast at 300 feet and they were landing.

What was really galling is that they received praise from the travelling public whilst we were seen as cowards for sticking to the rules. Little did the passengers know how much risk they were being exposed to.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Ok so it’s the aircraft type ? Otherwise why are Loganair flying and EasyJet not ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Ok so it’s the aircraft type ? Otherwise why are Loganair flying and EasyJet not ? 

Because Loganair have island based aircraft and will therefore be prepared to take the time circling waiting to get in.

If Easyjet did the same they'd just be impacting other flights later in the day that are likely going to run fine without any issues.

Loganair essentially have nothing better to do.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Because Loganair have island based aircraft and will therefore be prepared to take the time circling waiting to get in.

If Easyjet did the same they'd just be impacting other flights later in the day that are likely going to run fine without any issues.

Loganair essentially have nothing better to do.

Hence my comment small is sometimes better ! Loganair is a smaller airline who is more able to meet the needs of small islands . All those who continually trumpet EasyJet might want to reflect on all the passengers who are unable to travel with them today . 

• Thanks 2