Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Will  Ann be letting the general public know when she’s left and flying out because am sure they’ll be a few thousand to wave her off, to make sure she’s gone.

I wonder which pastures new she's bound for?

God help them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder which pastures new she's bound for?

God help them.

It needs to be somewhere that is impressed by lashings of management speak and the defecation of the large male bovine , coupled with a magic money tree and genuflecting politicians !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Because they all operate in their own little silos within the bigger departmental silo. There's a head of line painting, a head of paperclips, head of crayoning - it's no concern to any of them so long as their ever inflating pay package gets to them on the 25th of each month and their ever increasing gold-plated pension entitlement keeps growing. 

It's the same across the whole of Government. 'We' (the GMP) keep employing more and more people (see Climate Change division) for ever more diminishing returns. 

Everything is turning to shit but we keep paying for ever more expensive sticking plasters to plaster over the cracks. 

There in lies the problem, if no one has responsibilty nothing gets done, they need "heads" to ensure that they are accountable. I cannot understand why ie Minister Crookall cannot ask Jeff Robinson why the Road markings around the TT course have yet to be completed 3 months after removal, JR walks into the Sea Terminal every morning along with all the other higher executives and not one of them can see that the site is a mess, they could easily make a phone call and arrange that a couple of staff get to site and tidy the place up ffs commonsense should prevail and if Robinson cannot see that there is a major problem, and if the excuse is its not under my watch it is he is a public servant responsible to the tax paying public. ps the Airport is a shithole also, been through a couple of times this last while and you would need an iron lung to get through the smokecloud at the entrance just an idea move it across the road to the ugly grassed plantless area and place a few shrubs and plants around to try and disguise it from the public eye.

• Like 1

There was talk that the new £ multi-million fire engines needed to be garaged in a temperature-controlled environment for the sake of their sophisticated electronics which by implication suggested new facilities, could this be the source of the rumour?

2 hours ago, Driver2020 said:

Heard a rumour today that the new fire engines wont fit into the fire station.

Jez, I believe, had plans to build new fire station where the hangars are (old Manx airlines hangar). That rumour has been circulating for quite some time. 
Just one of his many loopy, money no object, ideas if rumours are to be believed. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bonatti said:

Jez, I believe, had plans to build new fire station where the hangars are (old Manx airlines hangar). That rumour has been circulating for quite some time. 
Just one of his many loopy, money no object, ideas if rumours are to be believed. 

Not been through for a while but has Jez found time in his busy schedule to get the covered walkway cleaned or the vaccination hub signs removed yet?

• Thanks 1

The standard you walk past is the standard you set.

we had a similar problem at Police HQ

10 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

There in lies the problem, if no one has responsibilty nothing gets done, they need "heads" to ensure that they are accountable. I cannot understand why ie Minister Crookall cannot ask Jeff Robinson why the Road markings around the TT course have yet to be completed 3 months after removal, JR walks into the Sea Terminal every morning along with all the other higher executives and not one of them can see that the site is a mess, they could easily make a phone call and arrange that a couple of staff get to site and tidy the place up ffs commonsense should prevail and if Robinson cannot see that there is a major problem, and if the excuse is its not under my watch it is he is a public servant responsible to the tax paying public. ps the Airport is a shithole also, been through a couple of times this last while and you would need an iron lung to get through the smokecloud at the entrance just an idea move it across the road to the ugly grassed plantless area and place a few shrubs and plants around to try and disguise it from the public eye.

• Thanks 1