Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Ok so it’s the aircraft type ? Otherwise why are Loganair flying and EasyJet not ? 

No idea personally,but I was on the Loganair Manchester flight last night which circled the island for an hour before sending us back to MCR. A Loganair pilot was sitting behind me and was saying that they stood a better chance than a jet aircraft of getting in.

Also discussed was the wisdom of the DoI in messing about with runways at this time of year. I don't know who is paying all of these hotel bills, but Loganair's ground handlers were pretty slick and the Holiday Inn is a nice hotel, good food too, although having just been discharged from hospital, this was the last thing I needed!

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Also discussed was the wisdom of the DoI in messing about with runways at this time of year. I don't know who is paying all of these hotel bills, but Loganair's ground handlers were pretty slick and the Holiday Inn is a nice hotel, good food too, although having just been discharged from hospital, this was the last thing I needed!

The airline pay. I assume that they factor a degree of disruption cost into their anticipated overheads, and set their fares accordingly.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

No idea personally,but I was on the Loganair Manchester flight last night which circled the island for an hour before sending us back to MCR. A Loganair pilot was sitting behind me and was saying that they stood a better chance than a jet aircraft of getting in.

It was the Manchester flight plane  which flew to Liverpool to take home the passengers from there including 12 who were in wheelchairs , after mass cancellations today I saw from SM that many have headed to heysham to get boat home, someone paid £175 for a taxi!

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

It was the Manchester flight plane  which flew to Liverpool to take home the passengers from there including 12 who were in wheelchairs...

I've invented a wheelchair that caters for flight delays to the island. Just looking for a volunteer to test it.

62675614.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think IOM's argument of smaller is better isn't proving to be.

Well at least several Loganair operated today . I flew to Heathrow no problems there . Tell me how many EasyJet have operated so far today and how those wanting to go to London got on if they were not flying with Loganair ? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

Well at least several Loganair operated today . I flew to Heathrow no problems there . Tell me how many EasyJet have operated so far today and how those wanting to go to London got on if they were not flying with Loganair ? 

Farnborough cancelled. Closer to Trafalgar Square than Gatwick 

Screenshot_2023-03-29-17-03-23-961-edit_com.flightradar24free.jpg

Edited by snowman