Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

I was stuck in Liverpool last week and due to cancellations and the earliest fights being booked up had to take the lunchtime flight. But Alf says he is sorry so thats made everything right.

https://gef.im/2023/03/28/chief-minister-says-sorry-for-airport-disruption/

Apparently Alf said they were going to do the work in November last year.

November, also renowned for having shit loads of fog.

Halfwits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

March and April are generally the two worst months for rain ,mist and poor visibility , and as we get into May ,fog as the warmer weather arrives , this work would have been better   planned for September .October  , but why couldn't one system remain in place until the other was installed ?   the cost of inconveniencing  the travelling public  and the perception  of the airport  must be dreadful , but will heads roll , I doubt it ,

I was under the impression that runway 26 was being replaced first, and the ILS for runway 08 was to remain operational in the meantime. Problems come with the wind direction, as (correct me if I'm wrong), but tail wind cannot exceed a certain speed, so we are relying on Northerly winds whilst 26 ILS is replaced.