Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Just now, snowman said:

The times of closure are notified via notam

I know that, but if it was done well in advance then the airlines if so inclined could adjust their schedules to suit.

Perhaps, for example,  they could announce that from May 1st the airport will be closed every day from 09.00 to 09.30 and 16.00 to 16.30 rather than this seemingly current ad hoc system.

I notice that on the Aer Lingus booking site that if you use the multi city option you can book what appears to be through bookings to the Aer Lingus shorthaul European flights via Dublin/Belfast.

Does anyone here know if they are classed as one booking or if they are separate so that if one leg fails you are on your own?.

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They didn't 'allow' ATC staff to retire - they have to retire at 65.  It's one of the few exemptions to flexible retirement.  These are international rules.

I heard this week, from a very credible source, that in addition to planned retirees, a trained ATC in their twenties left because they were bored with the long periods of inactivity, and having literally nothing to do! 

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I notice that on the Aer Lingus booking site that if you use the multi city option you can book what appears to be through bookings to the Aer Lingus shorthaul European flights via Dublin/Belfast.

Does anyone here know if they are classed as one booking or if they are separate so that if one leg fails you are on your own?.

I haven't done this with aer lingus but with other airlines if you book multi city directly with the airline and if everything  was on a single ticket  you are protected. 

3rd party sites might be cheaper  but maybe not have the protection (each sector may be treated as separate) . Have had trouble with 3rd party even though it was all on same airline !!

Today’s arrival experience: a fleet of shiny new trollies and bags arrived within minutes. Very nice. Still that taxi issue but I take any service improvements I can get. 

25472494-7183-412D-B392-1772EBDD73D9.jpeg

1EAB755C-4AF9-46C1-A654-E29DB627F54F.jpeg

8B32C292-A7D2-4582-818A-23E60FCD41E8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Today’s arrival experience: a fleet of shiny new trollies and bags arrived within minutes. Very nice. Still that taxi issue but I take any service improvements I can get. 

A lot of the taxis are pre booked & presumably don’t want to sit around airport on chances someone wants a taxi when they can get fares in Douglas 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Two or three buses an hour, in both directions.

(Assuming lots of things (periodic passing times, random arrival of passengers, independence...) your average wait for next bus is around 10 minutes.)

10 minutes ago, Keyop said:

Two or three buses an hour, in both directions.

(Assuming lots of things (periodic passing times, random arrival of passengers, independence...) your average wait for next bus is around 10 minutes.)

Took a bus in the end but after 30 hours of travel you sometimes just want a cab. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Was a few years ago mind but booked IOM to New York via Dublin as a through booking. Worked very well.

(With Aer Lingus obvs)

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last sentence