Airport.

Billy kettlefish

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is it?

What are these figures? I imagine the .je relates to Jersey. But some sort of narrative explaining this table of numbers would be helpful.

Yes, it’s Jersey. 1st column is hours ( with days to left ), 2nd column is the normal rate, 3rd column is the discount special offer rate being offered for Easter, 4th column is amount saved, and final column is the percentage saving. There’s no saving for stays of less than 2 days. Ties in with my post about JE special offer for Easter of £79 for 11-14 days.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Something just landed. Clearing up but still a lot of screwed up journeys today. 

3E91AC5D-7FF1-4DEF-9A04-26C47189E5E8.jpeg

89F5D290-621A-4903-8354-6D4CA40E210B.jpeg

29C81353-EA95-41AB-99F6-BAE1D339E9A7.jpeg

8C568C5F-D9D0-4448-B25E-5A0CCAE1B87B.jpeg

Good argument this evening with Chris Thomas mansplaining to current and highly experienced commercial pilots why the extension of the lighting gantry into the bay on 26 isn't needed and how it really wasn't a retrograde step removing them when the promontory extension was built.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

This is 100% correct.

The only things that now matter are the survival, funding and superannuation of the Govt silos, anybody who cannot already see this is either blind or is a beneficiary of it.

The national finances are in crisis and it's every dog for himself with Govt putting itself at the head of the queue.

Everything will be sacrificed at this altar, everything. Democratic will will be trampled roughshod over and ignored.

I've been waiting for the balloon to go up for the last decade, but it just never happens. The Public, beyond a few commentators really aren't arsed and just continue to suck it up.

No difference over here, apart from the diabolical amount of taxation 

26 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Good argument this evening with Chris Thomas mansplaining to current and highly experienced commercial pilots why the extension of the lighting gantry into the bay on 26 isn't needed and how it really wasn't a retrograde step removing them when the promontory extension was built.

WTF. Having flown several thousand approaches into the place in all weathers - I can attest that if he’s said that he is either being disingenuous or fed some really bad information. For his sake I hope it’s the latter. 

It seems we are being led by donkeys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

WTF. Having flown several thousand approaches into the place in all weathers - I can attest that if he’s said that he is either being disingenuous or fed some really bad information. For his sake I hope it’s the latter. 

Led by idiots. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Been led by donkeys for years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Sorry the mans a tosser and fast becoming a liability , he knows everything ,   and wont listen  to anyone except the failed team he has around him in Infrastructure   whose track record  in every division  is an absolute disgrace ,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And how would Chris Thomas be knowledgeably able to explain this, not being a pilot, not being an airport director or landing systems engineer?

It sounds very much like the age old DOI system, applicable in all cases, of feeding the Departmental mouthpiece pure horseshit and confidently expecting the exact same to be regurgitated for public consumption.

Confidently, because every Minister of that Dept to date has innocently performed to those expectations, with the notable exception of Crookall who smelt a hairy rodent over bus timings and didn't entirely kowtow in a Tynwald statement involving such.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Where? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Some people can hardly get to and from the building from the car park in 15 minutes.

What's the point of 15 free minutes?

I thought they wanted to stop people hanging about on the road while they drop people off or pick them up.

The reason why it's 15 minutes is because the drop off lane is being closed. According to rumour 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, snowman said:

The reason why it's 15 minutes is because the drop off lane is being closed. According to rumour 

Nothing would surprise me, we have people in charge of security and customer safety etc etc who have no idea what they are doing, this will be another lamb on the altar of security and common travel area. There will be an element of forcing people into the car park where some will incur charges. It is always a good idea when running ing a failing edifice to make it less pleasant for your customers to use ! that will work every time !

• Thanks 3